Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Sleeping at night?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM
  • 19 Replies
How old was your ebf baby when it slept through the night and how many hours. Did it effect your supply? My 7 weeker sleeps 8 hours at night. Her sister was the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Between 2-4 months we had some stretches of 6-8 hours of sleep but DS kit a growth spurt and teething and hasn't gone that since. Now we get 4 hrs at most. My supply didn't take a hit but I was engorged when he finally ate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM
My best sleeper sttn (by definition, 5 straight hours or longer) at 8 months. My supply adjusted as she just nursed more during the day and I no longer got engorged at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Dd technically slept through the night (slept one 5 hr stretch) for a week at 9 months... then she went back to waking every 1-2 hrs. At 21 months she is now starting to sleep a 7-9 hr stretch every night. I am very thankful! ha ha. I did feel encourged when she was 9 months as she was mostly bf'ing still. Now she doesn't nurse as much, and although I felt full at first, I never felt overfull.

SAHM927
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM
My dd is almost 14 months and still wakes a few times to nurse.
MamaPrime
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
At one year in just over a week- we consider it a good stretch when he goes more than 2 hours. Just last month it was every 45 minutes. It was pretty awful. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ty355172
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Lucky u! Dd is 15 months and just recently started sleeping10-5 uninterrupted....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eviesmommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM

My first was up every 3 hours on the dot until after she turned 1. She's 5 now, and thank goodness, she sleeps through the night just fine, and has been for a few years.
My 5 month old is EBF. She kinda set her own schedule. From about 3 months old until recently, she'd sleep for 4-5 hour stretches at a time, waking up once to feed, and going right back down for another 4-5 hours. Lately, she gets cranky if she's not in her pajamas, swaddled, and eating by 8:30 most nights. She's in her crib by 9, and usually she's not back up until 4 or 5. (Sometimes a little earlier, but still! Vastly different from my first.) I get up, nurse her, and we go back to sleep for a couple more hours. Sometimes she's in and out, sometimes she sleeps straight through. Weekdays, we're always up by 7 because my oldest has school. Weekends, we usually wake between 7 and 8.

Eviesmommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Oh, and no, it doesn't seem to have effected my supply at all.

Mrs_McK
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Awesome! My 8 week baby sleeps about 7 hours. After I feed her I pump before bed. I have lots of milk saved up in the fridge for night feeds by hubby day are, etc. After her not eating for that long I am full of milk when I wake up in the morning. I really think my body will adjust to what she needs. I also pump during the day at work and I have seemed to be keeping up with her just fine. Hope things work out ok :)
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Hmmm. 12 years old and doeesn't sleep through the night. Though he night weaned before age two and compeltely weaned by 26 months. 

48 years old myself, formula baby, STILL don't sleep all night. Probably never will. My son's just like me.

It's in our genes rather than anything else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)