Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

One feeds too much and the other does not feed enough!

So my mom watches my girls while I work.  She is really good with them and she does a great job.  I have a 5 month old and a 2 and half year old.  So you guys knows that a lot. Not to mention she does it for free! 

Here is my issue.  My mom is old school!  She did not breast feed at all.  I've told her everything you guys told me about how much baby should eat and she ignores me.  She told me I need to stay off this damn computer.  I usually take about 14 ounces because I'm a teacher and sometimes I have to stay at work late.  8 ounces just won't be enough.  Well lately she started feeding my daughter 5 ounces every 3 hours.  I told her that is too much and she doesn't listen.   My mom is not the type of lady you want to piss off, if you catch my drift. 

When my daughter has doctor's appointments she usually meet me their with the kids.  Her dr is less than 5 mins from my job.  I should up late at the last appt. and the dr. told my mom that it was alright to start solids.  I've already told my mom that I was waiting until she turns 6 months this time around (I started earlier with my 2 year old).  I also told her that I wasn't doing cereal this time around also.  She thinks I'm crazy and starts talking about how she gave all of her babies cereal.  Well this week she went out and bought a couple of jars of baby food.  She did respect my wishes and did not get cereal.   Why can't she just wait a couple of weeks?   I appreciate my mom so much!  She has really been there for me.  My husband and I are separating so things are about to get really hard.  I'm going to really need her.  We are about to move back in with her next month. 

On days when my mom has doctor's appointments we take the kids to my brother.   I drop them off at 7 a.m and picked them up close to 6 p.m.  The baby had only had less than 7 ounces!  That's not enough!  He says that he only feeds her when she cries.  My mom likes to feed her before she cries. 

I don't know what to do.  Right now my family is all I have. 

BTW I miss talking to you guys.  For some reason the school system blocked this site.  I used to come on everyday while I pumped.  I hate doing it on my phone.  By the time I get home and get stuff ready for the next day I'm to tired to log on. 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (11-12):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Quoting mommy2Alyssa24:

Thanks for your advice ladies. I just really needed to vent. You know how parents can be. They think they know it all. I wonder will I be the same way

Not all parent sare the same. My mom never said word ONE about anything I did. My *dad* had lots of input (never against breastfeeding) and she'd shut him down. Probably because she'd had it up to her eyeballs with interfering family members (all on dad's side) when she was raising us!

jamieharper08
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Have you ever talked to her and told her exactly what you just told us?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)