Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do babies grow taller then fatter?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM
  • 15 Replies
Out of nowhere my son seems skinnier to me. Lighter as well but that just might be me getting stronger from holding him lol. I think he went through a growth spurt and he eats all the time so Im not sure why he seems skinnier. Ive never stressed about this but now Im worried that I might not be making enough. He is 14 weeks old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM
My dd has always been long and slim. Not skinny, just not your typical chunky baby with chub rolls lol :)
If diapers are good, he's getting plenty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goofygadget
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM
The diaper thing confuses me too but i never worried about it because Ive never felt the need since he has always gained well at his check ups and always felt thick. I heard that 2 table spoons count as wet but someone on here posted that 2 ounces does and he never does that in one diaper. Also that poopie count as 2. Not sure.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

My dd has always been long and slim. Not skinny, just not your typical chunky baby with chub rolls lol :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JEB1175
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM
All my babies seemed to do that, fatten up then grow taller. I think it's normal:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Around 3-4 tablespoons is a wet dipe, anything more than that counts as 2 and poopy counts as 2.

Quoting Goofygadget:

The diaper thing confuses me too but i never worried about it because Ive never felt the need since he has always gained well at his check ups and always felt thick. I heard that 2 table spoons count as wet but someone on here posted that 2 ounces does and he never does that in one diaper. Also that poopie count as 2. Not sure.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Mine is 8 months has always been very long and lean, hes starting to finally get a little bm pot belly, but I too worried about this around that age...as long as his diapers are good, I wouldnt worry:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM
My son is more chunky than he was at birth 4 weeks ago. He is a little taller and much fatter, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Four tablespoons = one wet. A poopy dipe counts as two.

Mine only got longer, never chubbier. He just keeps getting longer and longer and longer.... 12 years, 5'9".

littlemonaghan
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Mine seems to be. Well...she's short...lol..but shes longer than she is fatter. 

In pictures she looks like a little sumo baby, but shes not. I'd say shes a slim baby, but I'm used to seeing very huge babies, lol

ashleigheg
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM
My DD got super chubby up until 6 months, then stopped gaining in weight and kept getting longer. She's now 31" and a little over 19 lbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FLmommy0204
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM

My kids get chunky right before they grow taller.  So one day you see chubby checks and rolls, then the next they are long and skinny.   I can always tell when they are about to grow taller.  Their little bellys get round and squishy! :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN