Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I have reached my first goal!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have been a member of this group for awhile now reading all of the helpful information while I was awaiting the arrival of DD2.

Well DD2 was born April 26th, 2012

With DD1 I had very little knowledge and support with breastfeeding, and quickly gave up within 2 days of being out of the hospital. 

Well with DD2 I am now 10 day pp and 8 days out of the hospital and going strong. 

My first goal 1 week - check
Goal #2 - 1 month - bring it on!!

Sierra Dawn
Proud Momma to Rori Lee & Ti'ana Rae

by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Wtg momma! I just made it through one of my long term goals ~ 1 year! =]
I think its great how your doing it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JEB1175
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Good job!! Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amgrays
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Way to go! How are you feeling about it? Any problems?

From my experience if you can make it 6 weeks you will be golden. The first 6 weeks was the most demanding and after that he and I were in perfect sync.

SweetOrangeMama
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Congrats! I nursed my first for 7 months and because I didn't know then what I know now I stopped, that was 15 years ago. I am still nursing my son who will be 19 months old on the 13th of this month. Small goals like you have then building to bigger ones is the way to go!

RorisMomma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Thanks! I am actually feeling great about it this time around things are going great. It really helped that they were 1000x more helpful and breastfeeding friendly at the hospital this time around. The only problem I had was she didn't wanna latch on my left side the nipple is flat and no matter how hard we tried she just wouldn't latch right so as of right now we are using a nipple shield but hoping to wean from that in the future. But she nurses like a champ from both sides now :-)

Quoting amgrays:

From my experience if you can make it 6 weeks you will be golden. The first 6 weeks was the most demanding and after that he and I were in perfect sync.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ANSnyder
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM
WTG!! KEEP IT UP! You are almost through the hard part!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ank_mom2be
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Yay! Today, I'm two months and two weeks. My goal is just to make it through the week each week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ANSnyder
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM
yep the first 8 weeks were the hardest for me because I went back to work at 7 weeks so it took some extra time getting used to pumping and her taking a bottle!!

Quoting amgrays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RorisMomma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I had her on a Thursday and went back to school (college) the following Tuesday so I have been pumping and she's been taking a bottle since then. But she's been a champ no confusion and will only take a bottle if she knows I am not around which I am happy for

Quoting ANSnyder:

yep the first 8 weeks were the hardest for me because I went back to work at 7 weeks so it took some extra time getting used to pumping and her taking a bottle!!

Quoting amgrays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM

yay :) my son was born march 29th. ill hit my 6 week goal on thursday!! my second goal is 3 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)