Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I wish people would keep thier paws off my pump

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM
  • 26 Replies
Ugh...I work in a jail, and the only place for me to pump is the ERT (emergency response team) closet...One of my co-workers cleaned it up really nice for me and put a chair for me to sit in...well when I am working, I leave my pump sitting in the chair...someone went into the closet to get something out, and threw my pump in the floor, on top of a nasty broom so they could use the chair to sit something on...my 300 dollar pump...thrown in the floor...not to mention all the nasty germs that it picked up lying on that broom...our floors are filthy. I just had a guy pee in the floor earlier...I am livid. Vent over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Put a sign on it: DO NOT REMOVE WITHOUT CONTACTING ME.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Agreed..add do not touch, yes this means YOU

Quoting gdiamante:

Put a sign on it: DO NOT REMOVE WITHOUT CONTACTING ME.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM
4 moms liked this

You might even note there's a video camera taping them and violaters will be thrown in the cell with the smelliest toilet. **grin**

07lilmama1108
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Omg I'd be livid!! Someone threw my oump on the floor at my work too!! I made sure to let everyone know that think was $400 (had to buy from medical supply store so it was more $) and if it broke I'd be unable to work... we're short staffed though and people hate being called in or asked to stay longer.

Definitely put a sign on it... nobody touches mine anymore!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Beth
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I'm sorry that happened. :(

At the same time I think it's funny you said "paws" because I say that too. My 4 year old thinks his 3 year old sibling actually has paws!

happy

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I would be ticked I would request a more appropriate place to pump if possible, just because of people being rude and not respecting others property. again if possible ask for a better place ! I think its wierd how so many places dont take this into consideration

Allebas
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

WOW!!! Ya--I'd be ticked off too!!! When I worked as a Cashier, I had to pump in the BATHROOM!!! ICK!! It was either there or the break room!!!!!!  :  0 I left that company, as they were VERY un-bf'ing friendly--plus they did NOT CARE about their Employees AT ALL!!!!

daymommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I would keep it in a safer place, warning people about it will only go so far. Do you keep it in a bag?  If not you should get one to put it in, that would help it to not get all dirty if someone does move it. Also you could put a hook or nail in the wall to hang it up out of the way.

Tatumsmommy0123
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

It's already in a bag.  I sprayed the bag down with a disinfectant.  

Quoting daymommy:

I would keep it in a safer place, warning people about it will only go so far. Do you keep it in a bag?  If not you should get one to put it in, that would help it to not get all dirty if someone does move it. Also you could put a hook or nail in the wall to hang it up out of the way.

Tatumsmommy0123
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM

There really isn't a better place to pump :(

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

I would be ticked I would request a more appropriate place to pump if possible, just because of people being rude and not respecting others property. again if possible ask for a better place ! I think its wierd how so many places dont take this into consideration

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)