Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

My baby is sick :(

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM
  • 6 Replies
Actually my three year old, but she is still my baby. She just got over a round of bronchitis, then thrush from the antibiotics. She is now going on day four of a high fever- I took her to the ER yesterday when she topped out at 106. They looked at her ear, said severe middle ear infection, and sent us home. Her fever barely responds to medication, and I am not comfortable medicating her non stop.we can bring it down briefly with cool baths and cool cloths. Last time she ran this high she had influenza, and we told them that, and they didn't even test for it. I am wondering if this is a weird reaction to the nystatin we had for the thrush.
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM
i dont think nystatin wd cause such a reaction like that. is she taking fluids? thats important! try giving her popsicles and put cool cloths on the back of her neck. also u can run her wristd under cold water to help bring the fever down. can u alternate meds? sometimes that helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Nystatin wouldn't cause an ear infection... I'd say this goes along with the previous illness.

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM
tomorrow make sure u bring her to her pedi. sometimes the ERs dont diagnose children well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM
We've been doing cool cloths at all pulse points, and cool baths. Works for a bit, then it is right back up to 103-105. She has been better than she usually is about fluids, drinking enough, not a lot but enough. I am calling her ped first thing in the morning, I am frustrated with our ER because they are usually very thorough, especially with little kids.
Aadensma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM
When my son would run fevers I would also put a fan on him. I would leave him in his diaper or shorts and a t shirt, let him have a thin blanket and then turn on the fan. It helped a lot. I hope your baby feels better! It's so hard when they are sick :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM
ur a good mommy! shes lucky to have u! (esp in her time of need)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN