Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

pumping for work

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

when did you start getting a supply ready for when u go back to work and how much did you have? also how many times a day did you pump to get it ready? if i do be able to pump at work it will be for a few minutes only and i will probably only be able to pump at home once or twice a day do you think that will be enough?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 7, 2012 at 4:18 AM
You should pump every 3 hrs when your at work. After 4 weeks old you can pump on one side while you nurse on the other first thing in the morning. You really only ned enough for the first day. You should pump what baby uses. Only send enough for 1-1.25 oz/hr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
djsmommy13
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:24 AM

the problem is with my job(i know its illegal) but they will not let me pump that often so it will pretty much be me leaving to the bathroom to pump...

zannahdeux
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:49 AM
I go every four hours...your boobs will adjust.
sanderson316
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM
I pump at work and go no longer than 3 hours then every 1.5-2 hours once were home. I have an over supply and get engorged easily. And your work legally has to let you pump make them!!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I started pumping on day 3 the day my milk came in I was terrified I would have issue pumping, becuase of this I ended up with 750oz before I went back to work at 4 months and donated basically all of it.  YOu HAVE to remove from your breasts the same amount baby takes each day.  If that means you have to pump extra when not at work its required, if you feed baby more than you remove from your breasts you will end up with low supply.

First thing in the morning everyday even days off and vacation I pumped and stored.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I had next to nothing stored when I went back to work... stupidly I blew the stash while on leave. However, I really didn't need the stash. One pump for every three hours away. I pumped before work, and once during each break.Fifteen minutes start to finish... never washed a thing at work. Extra horns tossed in a plastic bag when done, wash at home.

As I recall you work in a restaurant... all restaurants have their ebbs and flows, so if you can manage to sneak away for ten minutes during an "ebb" you're good. Supply forever adjusts so even if you pump once a day you will be OK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)