Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my domperidone was due for a refill, I called the doc assuming he would just give me more refills like he's done in the past... Well I was wrong. He said this far in the dom won't do me any good because at this point its no longer hormonal?! He said to increase supply pump and nurse more and if I fall short to supplement as needed. He said that some woman just don't produce at high levels in order to exclusively breast feed one baby much less two and that medically there is nothing that can be done.

It will take 2wks at least to get any from the website!

We had a day a week ago we had to use some formula, now we're back on just breast milk thanks to awesome donors but now I'm panicking because I don't even have enough left to wean down I'm just going to run out and scared as hell about what it will do to my supply.

I'm pretty sure the doctor is wrong. He said he might consider another script only if I go to an IBCLC and get a letter, but said he still didn't think it would do any good...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Replies (11-13):
carolyntx
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Texas

Quoting Char07:

Where are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrp0606
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Any luck finding donor milk? I wish I was still pumping I will be near you in a couple weeks I would have happily stocked you up :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM

ive got two awesome moms that donate, one who builds up and donates once a month and the other who sends it every couple weeks. now that ive worked it out with them i shouldnt get into a bind anymore- but thats assuming i wont drastically lose my supply now that im out of the dom!

thank you so much for thinking of me! i bet your so glad to be through with the pump! i know im so ready! i keep telling myself ill completely ditch it when the girls hit 12 months and they can just go ebf after that

Quoting jrp0606:

Any luck finding donor milk? I wish I was still pumping I will be near you in a couple weeks I would have happily stocked you up :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)