Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Eureka! Formula feeding mama, you're a genius! lol

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

I posted on Facebook earlier that my son (six months old) was just not himself today. Fussy, gassy, irritable. Just plain old miserable. And, to top it all off, he bit the everloving hell out of me more than once tonight. Ouch!

I thought maybe it was the solids. He's been eating them for about two weeks (he's not crazy about them). Then I thought maybe teeth. What could it be? What is making my normally angelic son so miserable?

Then my BFF, who did not nurse her two sons, said "Have YOU been eating anything that may not agree with him?"

I thought about it, and almost said no, until I remembered who did the grocery shopping last. And then it hit me.

The coffee.

Normally I buy half-caf; I've been drinking it for almost three years. But SOMEONE (I shall mention no names. I will only say that he is 6'4", with gorgeous curly blond hair, big blue eyes, dimples and has an uncanny ability to find and watch the crappiest shows on TV) bought regular coffee the last time he went to the store.

AHA!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommyof1boy250
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Lol i would be telling him to make sure he buy half caf next time and sorry that your lil one is haveing a bad day

mommawhite08
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Lol

LKRA
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Oh, he's fired from coffee-buying from here on out. lol

I'm anxious to switch back to REALLY know if that was the cause. And I feel bad, because the bottles for tomorrow contain diesel-fueled boob juice. :(

My poor buddy.

Quoting Mommyof1boy250:

Lol i would be telling him to make sure he buy half caf next time and sorry that your lil one is haveing a bad day

ceckyl
by Kyla on May. 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I would still guess teething. I don't think a little extra caffein causes biting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM

The babysitter told me today that he was like that with his bottles. Suck for a minute, then stop and cry and chew the nip. :(

He didn't act this way with his first two teeth. Hell, I didn't even know he was teething. The babysitter told me he had his first two teeth: they came in on the same day, and we had no clue.

Quoting ceckyl:

I would still guess teething. I don't think a little extra caffein causes biting.

carolyntx
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM

my girls act a little funny if i have caffeine, once in a while i just HAVE to have a mountain dew and it took me a while to notice that they do seem to get a little edgy after

Chelly4.588.8
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM

LOL @ diesel-fueled boob juice...I hope your little one starts to feel better and your boob juice gets back to it's regular fuel soon.

Quoting LKRA:

Oh, he's fired from coffee-buying from here on out. lol

I'm anxious to switch back to REALLY know if that was the cause. And I feel bad, because the bottles for tomorrow contain diesel-fueled boob juice. :(

My poor buddy.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Like I said there, teething can affect the baby differently each time. The coffee COULD have had a bit of an effect, but I'm still thinking teething. I still agree with your decision to cut solids too.

Quoting LKRA:

The babysitter told me today that he was like that with his bottles. Suck for a minute, then stop and cry and chew the nip. :(

He didn't act this way with his first two teeth. Hell, I didn't even know he was teething. The babysitter told me he had his first two teeth: they came in on the same day, and we had no clue.

Quoting ceckyl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN