Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hoping someone has an answer! Slightly OT.

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 31 Replies
I am breastfeeding, and pump occasionally due to my school schedule. Anyway, I am making a trip to Colorado to welcome my brother home from Afghanistan, so I am storing some milk to prepare for the long trip. I don't know how I will be able to make the bottles warm while I'm in the car...except for a bottle warmer. But I'm not sure that any of them come with a car adaptor lol. Are there any other things I can do??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisBabyGirl0312
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I have seen one before. Give me a second and I'll find the link! :) & a huge thank you to your brother for fighting for our country!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisBabyGirl0312
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
I'm mobile and unable to make it clicky. But here is the link - http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#ip/Parent-s-Choice-Car-Bottle-Warmer/10715012
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Yeah they have them for the car.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

clicky!

Quoting HisBabyGirl0312:

I'm mobile and unable to make it clicky. But here is the link - http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#ip/Parent-s-Choice-Car-Bottle-Warmer/10715012

FLmommy0204
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM

"warm" isn't always necessary.  You could try a cold bottle. 

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Stop, get out of the car, and breastfeed. Baby should not be in the car seat for more than 2 hours at a time. You'll also need to stop for gas, eat, potty breaks, diaper changes etc.

If you were to pump and bottle feed in the car, you need to pump when you feed anyway, so just pump and give fresh milk. If you just use pumped milk from earlier, and don't pump each time baby eats, you will get engorged and your supply will go down.

Whitney15
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM
My plan was to hopefully coincide the stops I need to make with her feeding time. Would it be possible to just pump at the end of the day? This is my second kiddo, but my milk only lasted about 2 weeks with my first one so I only know so much :(

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Stop, get out of the car, and breastfeed. Baby should not be in the car seat for more than 2 hours at a time. You'll also need to stop for gas, eat, potty breaks, diaper changes etc.

If you were to pump and bottle feed in the car, you need to pump when you feed anyway, so just pump and give fresh milk. If you just use pumped milk from earlier, and don't pump each time baby eats, you will get engorged and your supply will go down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whitney15
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Thank you so much!

Quoting HisBabyGirl0312:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryGirl0809
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM
How far is the trip? I would just nurse the baby. But you couk always turn on te defroster and heat the bottle. It may roast y'all out but te milk would be warm. Or just put it between your legs. Hold it there for a little while. It will get warm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendy1433
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I think if you were to pump at the end of the day you may see a decrease in your supply so i wouldnt suggest that. How long is the trip? if i were you i would just nurse during your stops baby is going to need a break from that carseat. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)