Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm starting to ween my youngest song off of breast milk. I know, I'm horrible. I plan on pumping and mixing it with the formula, gradually adding less and less milk and more water and formula until he gets used to the taste. Wish me luck. He'll also still get breast time, but I'm going to start removing breast meals from the day and giving him a bottle instead.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Replies (21-21):
wulfeyes05
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Cool, good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Ok, found some at Kmart and will be picking them up tonight!

Quoting wulfeyes05:

This is what my bottle looks like

Quoting YzmaRocks:

I couldn't find any at the Walmart near us. I will have to try another store.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Walmart's where I got mine and they usually have extra nipples you can buy along with the bottle. My oldest didn't like the clear nipples.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Where do you get that kind of nipple? I think that could be the problem.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

8oz Playtex Drop In bottle with the brownish/orangish nipple. My oldest used the same thing and loved it. He wouldn't drink out of anyother bottle.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

What kind of bottle do you use?

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Let him/her play with it. My son will stick the nipple in his mouth and gum it, if her sucks on it and gets some of the formula/milk then that's cool, if not then that's ok. I just want him to associate the bottle with food and fun. I then breastfeed him after so again he associates the bottle with something good, me and food.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Interesting. Well, glad it works for you! By the way, how on earth do you get your baby to take a bottle? My baby is 7 months and absolutely refuses one!

Quoting wulfeyes05:

It's the way I weened my oldest and it was easier for me that way. I know it seems like a lot of work, but it works for me. My oldest took to it pretty fast when I did it that way so I'm hoping my youngest does too.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Just out of curiosity, why? It is more work, so I'm guessing there is a reason :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)