Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

According to WHO standards, help please?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 24 Replies
Max is two months old. He is 11lbs and 24" long. My Dr told me what percentiles he was in, and said he was healthy, but I'm wondering if he used a chart for BF only babies or formula fed ones as well. Does anyone know what percentile he would be in? I found the chart online but I can't figure it out for some reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama02040608
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM
4 moms liked this
Don't worry about percentiles :) if he is gaining and healthy and putting out enough diapers, he's perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blg5484
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM

those dont matter as long as baby is growing and gaining and meeting milestones you dont need percentiles they will give you a headache :)

kathislove80
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Thanks :) My MIL is kinda driving me nuts...the Dr said his height and weight are great, and when I asked he said he was in the 24% for weight and 60% for height. I know it doesn't mattee, but this is my first baby and she is making it seem like he failed a test or something.

Quoting blg5484:

those dont matter as long as baby is growing and gaining and meeting milestones you dont need percentiles they will give you a headache :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Percentiles don't mean anything. I don't follow percentiles, I follow milestones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Thank you...my Dr feels the same way, I know. He didn't even tell me percentiles until I asked.

Quoting usmc.momma:

Percentiles don't mean anything. I don't follow percentiles, I follow milestones.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blg5484
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

OH MIL thats what they are good for LOL Did she go to the doc with you??? he didnt fail anything its a dumb way to compare your kid to a bunch of other kids My LOs are the best example of how these charts are useless. My DD is 22 months weight is 23.4 pounds height is 34 inches My DS is 7 months weight is 20.9 pounds height is 28 inches They have the same dad both BF nothing different. If i compared their percentiles I would think my DD was dying LOL She is tiny (low end of charts) he is a monster (high end) but on their own chart they have grown just the way they needed to. That is really all you want to use a chart for to see that they are growing on their own curve

Quoting kathislove80:

Thanks :) My MIL is kinda driving me nuts...the Dr said his height and weight are great, and when I asked he said he was in the 24% for weight and 60% for height. I know it doesn't mattee, but this is my first baby and she is making it seem like he failed a test or something.

Quoting blg5484:

Jesus Christ, Albert Einstein and Michael Jordan were all breastfed to

age three and beyond. The day YOU have SIX NBA Championship rings and

millions of dollars in endorsement contracts, a Noble Prize in Physics

AND the ability to walk on water, you may make comments.
breastfeeding

kathislove80
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM
No, she didn't come with us but she called right after to see how he did. Guea that's what MILs are for lol...thanks, that makes me feel better! Of course she gave me a complex, every time she sees Max she comments on his "skinny arms". Needless to say she didn't BF...I think she associates chubby babies with healthy babies.

Quoting blg5484:

OH MIL thats what they are good for LOL Did she go to the doc with you??? he didnt fail anything its a dumb way to compare your kid to a bunch of other kids My LOs are the best example of how these charts are useless. My DD is 22 months weight is 23.4 pounds height is 34 inches My DS is 7 months weight is 20.9 pounds height is 28 inches They have the same dad both BF nothing different. If i compared their percentiles I would think my DD was dying LOL She is tiny (low end of charts) he is a monster (high end) but on their own chart they have grown just the way they needed to. That is really all you want to use a chart for to see that they are growing on their own curve

Quoting kathislove80:

Quoting blg5484:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

All the precentiles are is comparing him to other babies, it means nothing. As long as he is following his own growth curve, having plenty of diapers, and meeting milestones that is all that matters!

blg5484
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

some babies just arent chubby MY dd is stickly LOL but DS is a fat roll on top of a fat roll they sometimes get chunky at around 3 or 4 months

Quoting kathislove80:

No, she didn't come with us but she called right after to see how he did. Guea that's what MILs are for lol...thanks, that makes me feel better! Of course she gave me a complex, every time she sees Max she comments on his "skinny arms". Needless to say she didn't BF...I think she associates chubby babies with healthy babies.

Quoting blg5484:

Quoting kathislove80:

Quoting blg5484:

Jesus Christ, Albert Einstein and Michael Jordan were all breastfed to

age three and beyond. The day YOU have SIX NBA Championship rings and

millions of dollars in endorsement contracts, a Noble Prize in Physics

AND the ability to walk on water, you may make comments.
breastfeeding

cowgirls10181
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd was born in the 25% and is 6 months and following the 25% line. Some think the child has to be in the 50-+ range to be normal, but there is nothing wrong with small..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)