Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Teething, help please!?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
Ds is 5.5 months now. He has been such a calm sweet baby except for him not sleeping well at night. He has been teething for a while now and it is just getting worse. He constantly screams and chews. I have tried teething tablets, pellets, necklace, Tylenol, gel, frozen teethers, frozen washcloths, everything. I just don't know what to do anymore, I am exhausted. And I barely have any time for my dd 2. I also can't take a break cause dh is a pilot and just left for 4 days so it is juste with the kids and I feel so bad for my dd always sitting watching tv lately. I need some help and advice about how to help ds with his teething and get him back to being a sweet baby. He is having so much trouble sleeping too. I constantly have to bounce him in his bouncy seat while he is napping, he won't sleep in his crib. Should I try the cry it out method? Maybe put him down and let him cry a few minutes? I need some miracle to happen soon. Please help ladies! Also the infant ibuprofen says 6 moths and up, he will be 6 months on the 30th but he weights about 22lbs ( big boy), can I give that to him and how much?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sreichelt26
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Ibuprofen is the only thing that works for dd when it's really bad, so I would call your doctor and ask if they think it's ok to give it to him because of his weight.

CIO isn't going to help anything - he'll probably just cry harder. Can you cosleep at night? That way he's got you to comfort him and you can both sleep through his nursing. During the day, let him fall asleep while nursing on the couch, and then you can read or watch a movie with your dd.

I would try a chitopractic adjustment too, just to make sure there isn't anything else causing him pain.

MommySarah986
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM
I have been cosleeping from day 1, but lately due to him teething he has been waking up and I try to nurse him and he just pulls away and chews on his hand. He gets woken up by the slightest noises lately that's why I was thinking of him taking a nap in his crib which he had never used where it is quiet, since dd is pretty loud.

Quoting sreichelt26:

Ibuprofen is the only thing that works for dd when it's really bad, so I would call your doctor and ask if they think it's ok to give it to him because of his weight.

CIO isn't going to help anything - he'll probably just cry harder. Can you cosleep at night? That way he's got you to comfort him and you can both sleep through his nursing. During the day, let him fall asleep while nursing on the couch, and then you can read or watch a movie with your dd.

I would try a chitopractic adjustment too, just to make sure there isn't anything else causing him pain.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Bump. Anyone else have suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM
DS does that when teething too, & it sounds like you are doing what you can.

Hopefully soon it will stop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Do you let him use a pacifier? DS really gnawed on his when his first few teeth were popping out. He'd nurse then grab for his pacifier and bite hard then return to nursing. He instictively knew that the pressure helped with the pain...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)