Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

dh doesn't want me breastfeeding once ds gets teeth!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
  • 39 Replies
I'm so mad at that statement!! He'll be mad when i don't follow because i know better! He says nobody else can feed him because he refuses the bottle, he doesn't like to be put down and MIL said her bf babies never were like that! I don't care!! There is 1 person who treats ds like i do and he never cries for her so she'll be watching ds from now on! He shouldn't be left to CIO and it's pissing me off!!! Dh doesn't want to do formula but says "you can just pump once he gets teeth"... i haven't told him ds will self wean....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Wow! The ONLY thing that my DH had NO SAY in (except that we compromised that anytime he thought DS was hungry-even if I disagreed- I would offer) was breastfeeding!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifetimelove
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Tell him that HE can pump once she gets teeth. Lol

What's his deal with teeth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Until his boobies start producing the good stuff, he has no say :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Ugh, I hear that too! My mom keeps telling me I will stop when DS gets teeth... nope! Not planning on it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mother_Jackie
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM

My daughter has teeth, and I am still nursing her. It gets tough because she bites me. :[ She has even made me bleed, but I still do it.

kajira
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

haha my daughter has a mouth full of teeth and is 17 months and i'm still nursing.

ThePinkRobot
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
What does HE care about the baby having teeth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM

What?? What's so special about getting teeth?

He's a baby, he's supposed to held when he cries, it means he needs something. Well my bf babies wanted me all the time and I (mostly) loved it, especially now that my oldest is 6 and I realize that the hold-me stage just doesn't last nearly long enough. 

LandonsMom1114
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
My son has 5 teeth and has seriously bit me once...I am still nursing! My dh wanted to me stop at 6 months but I didn't :) then he wanted me to stop when he bit me ( it was bad and I think even caused mastitis but I toughed it out and didn't ever see the Dr so I don't know that it was or wasn't mastitis but it hurt like hell!) But I kept nursing! I will let him self wean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on May. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Why does it matter to HIM whether she has teeth or not? When he can lactate, he can pump for your child. Otherwise, he can kindly shut up. Pumping is a pain in the ass. I wouldn't ever pump if I didn't work.

To be honest, and I know people will disagree with me, the kindest answer I would have for my mate if he thought he had any say in breastfeeding would be, "Piss off." 

MIL's kids aren't yours (or anyone else's for that matter). Some children are needy, others are not. Comparing the two is pointless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)