Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

help please gruntlins

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:11 AM
  • 20 Replies
K so how do I get rid of the chomp suck. Tori has one and I can't even nurse her to well cuz its so painful. I been spoon feeding her and also using a nipple shield. Am hoping my milk comes in soon. It sucks cuz I want to nurse her but 5 mts after I start I have to stop cuz I feel like am gonna pass out from the pain. Am sure my milk will come in soon. My breast are getting all tingly and sore and I can't even touch them. Ahh I don't like this chomp suck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Char07
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Have you checked for tongue tie, high palate, and cleft of the soft palate? They chomp when their latch is shallow and their tongue is not in the proper position. Have you tried different techniques while latching? Asymmetrical pointing the nipple towards the baby's nose/roof of mouth, sandwiched pointed straight in, reclined with baby on top, baby led latching where baby does the work. You can do some suck/tongue exercises but if it's a tongue tie clipping it usually helps tremendously. Good luck, all 3 of mine have been choppers for tongue tie/high palates and it hurts!!!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

What Char said! Absent those problems, correct correct correct. Whenever the latch is bad you correct instantly.

piwife
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Well not all that stuff. Had her on the 8th. But no tongue tide. Ill check the other stuff and try the tips thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hey! You had your baby! Congratulations! I'd love to see pictures!

Go with whatever Char said. lol Those chompers suck. Well, not really, but you know what I mean! lol

GraceHudson
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM
bump

mitty18
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Are y'all home??
What'd the lc say?
Just keep working with her. When she starts, unlatch her and start over. Don't let her get comfortable with it.
Is she still being a sleepy nurser?

Quoting piwife:

Well not all that stuff. Had her on the 8th. But no tongue tide. Ill check the other stuff and try the tips thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM
yeah I got home lastnight. She is doing much better with being awake while nursing. Am still using the shield cuz when she latches with out it I can't take the pain. She manage to nurse a full 15 mts. Before she wouldn't nurse more then 5. But we have great diaper out put. First day of like was 3 poop 1 pee. And so far today 2 pee 2 poop

Quoting mitty18:

Are y'all home??

What'd the lc say?

Just keep working with her. When she starts, unlatch her and start over. Don't let her get comfortable with it.

Is she still being a sleepy nurser?

Quoting piwife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I saw pictures on her facebook last night. ; )

Quoting LKRA:

Hey! You had your baby! Congratulations! I'd love to see pictures!

Go with whatever Char said. lol Those chompers suck. Well, not really, but you know what I mean! lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Nat, her output is great, so she IS getting something. Is she still passing meconium?

I know that Sarah (gruntlings) has used her pinky finger to work on the suck when she had a chompy baby. Have you tried that?

piwife
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Yeah she still passing meconium but my milk hasn't come in. Ill post pics here too

Quoting aehanrahan:

Nat, her output is great, so she IS getting something. Is she still passing meconium?

I know that Sarah (gruntlings) has used her pinky finger to work on the suck when she had a chompy baby. Have you tried that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)