Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Time Magazine Cover: Are You Mom Enough?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 53 Replies

What do you think of it? I personally like but I have heard a lot of negative things about it from both sides. The actual story is great too!

http://lightbox.time.com/2012/05/10/parenting/#1

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danita42
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM

BUMP!

Danita42
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM

BUMP!

kmorales7690
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Lol that's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM
I am going to buy this and read the articles in it. I hope they are balanced in the coverage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrooklynsMom11
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Though I love breastfeeding and intend on continuing indefinitely...this cover is a shameless ploy for attention based on shock value.  It's great she's bfing but the picture is set up in an unnatural, defiant way. (IMHO)  I do intend and look forward to the article though :)

MaryJarrett
by Mary on May. 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I love it!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I get Time magazine and haven't gotten this one yet. It looks like its dated May 21. Has it hit the stands yet? I can't remember if mailed issues come out first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on May. 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
We live in Kansas City and I wish I knew Diona Ford! I'm the outcast, as a baby wearing, breastfeeding, bed-sharing mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skarlet
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Quoting BrooklynsMom11:

Though I love breastfeeding and intend on continuing indefinitely...this cover is a shameless ploy for attention based on shock value.  It's great she's bfing but the picture is set up in an unnatural, defiant way. (IMHO)  I do intend and look forward to the article though :)

I nursed my daughter until she was almost 3 and my son until he was 3. I agree with you and I don't like the picture or the caption. Since when did AP become extreme? 

Danita42
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Quoting mostlymaydays:

I get Time magazine and haven't gotten this one yet. It looks like its dated May 21. Has it hit the stands yet? I can't remember if mailed issues come out first.

I think mailed ones do but I am nit sure. But the link I provided tells some of the story as well as more pictures.
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN