Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

SMDH! Comments on Time Mag cover.

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
  • 112 Replies
9 moms liked this
Im just disgusted at how our society really sees breastfeeding. Comparing it to molestation and incest. Saying that only the mother is benefiting from extended bfing. X-( Im just disgusted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattoodMommy19
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM
5 moms liked this
I am too. Had a huge argument with lillys dad as well. He's such an ass and thinks just because breastfeeding might make someone uncomfortable, that I should use formula
I told him to get bent. XD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I know!! No one was brave enough to comment on the link I posted on my facebook lol, but I've been reading the comments from other pages and it literally has my heart racing :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My MIL is trying to get me to stop bfing so she can babysit......
Ummm....
NO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't dared read the comments. I support the photo but I know most of society will find it unacceptable. It's really their loss though. If a parent can't look at that and see the beauty and love... that's sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fahmom
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM
6 moms liked this
I am very disturbed by our societies remarks about breastfeeding. It is truly sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on May. 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm not even going to read the comments. It'll be all the same. It'll be "Pump and put it in a cup!" "Once they start asking for it, they're too old!" "It's because the mom doesn't want to let go!"

Very frustrating that our society is so backwards.

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I'm staying away from the comments.

I am on a messageboard with a bunch of guys. I started by explaining a little & now I'm arguing with them along the lines of 'it's beneficial & it's also none of your business how others raise their kids'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Oh don't forget the "if a kid can pull up a chair, time to put the boob away!"
Hmm, with that logic, I should've weaned dd when she starting walking at 9.5 months! She was dragging her little chairs around all day!
Where do people come up with that crap?

Quoting MamaCeleste0722:

I'm not even going to read the comments. It'll be all the same. It'll be "Pump and put it in a cup!" "Once they start asking for it, they're too old!" "It's because the mom doesn't want to let go!"

Very frustrating that our society is so backwards.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been staying out of any discussion on this because the comments disgust me, but saying anything would be wasting my breath :(

Whitney15
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I totally support EBF, but I do wonder why someone wouldn't put it in a cup? I mean..he's 3. It's WONDERFUL that he's still getting that breast milk..but he's 3. I think it's unnecessary for him to receive it from the breast. what if he continues on where he's in school..does the mom plan to follow him around or something? i don't know. Hopefully I won't get too much crap for saying that. It's just my opinion.
My opinion also has nothing to do what society thinks, but what it could possibly be doing to the child psychologically.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)