Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how to know when to start solids?

Posted by   + Show Post
I know the recommendation is 6 months, but like my dad says "you'll soon realize that every guideline, normality, and recommendation does not apply to your child (laughs) you just need to go with the flow- every kid is different."

My little man will be 5 months on mother's day. He smacks his lips after feedings (from BOTH breasts- wet diaper count is OK). He even tries to intercept my spoon when I'm holding him/ eating oatmeal in the morning. He sits up on his own too. He has been acting like this for about a month..

So, is he ready? Thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Replies (21-22):
rjmami25
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM

we tried rice cereal with ds a few days after 4 months. he has two teeth. but still after just a TBLspoon of solids caused him stomach pains. were goiing to do baby led 'solids'

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM
4 moms liked this

I did the same sort of things with my dad's cigarettes as an infant. **smile** What you CAN see is far less important than what you CANNOT see... like the virgin gut.

Put it to your dad this way, "I had my first period at (insert age... mine was 12)... does that mean I was ready to be married and pregnant?"

Likely he'll say HELL NO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN