Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

toddler question piog

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

My toddler keeps on having accidents! I remember my second child going through this a lot! He has been walking well since he was 10 months old and now he is 19 months old. He runs, jumps goes up and down stairs etc.  These past few weeks however he has been having accidents, falling! He has fallen 5 times in the past  days! He has scrape, bumps, bruises all over because of them. Also, he has been nursing nonstop and refuses food for the most part. I will make him something to eat and he won't even take a bite. He has been wanting watermelon, and drinks water, also graham crackers or fishy crackers (which I don't keep in the house) he will eat. Anyways, I wonder if these problems are related to teething. I think he has all the teeth he is suppose to have now, but maybe I'm wrong. He has all his teeth and 4 molars. Do you think his other molars are trying to get through? Do you think there could be another reason for his behavoir? Also, he has been having the worse temper tantrums! e will see what he wants and automatically go to a temper tantrum, he won't even ask for it or anything , just start jumping, screaming and then throwing himself on the floor! Thanks for your help mamas :)

Julia

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MollyJmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Not sure maybe take him to the doctor it may be an ear infection? They sometimes will throw baby off balance and makes them really irritable and he's probably liking nursing more cuz it's more comforting. But i'm not 100% Good luck momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM
thanks. maybe if it continues I will take him monday. I just worry because smetimes doctor over prescribe antibiotics.

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Not sure maybe take him to the doctor it may be an ear infection? They sometimes will throw baby off balance and makes them really irritable and he's probably liking nursing more cuz it's more comforting. But i'm not 100% Good luck momma!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lcmangham
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Growth spurt. Toddlers heads are so much larger in proportion to their bodies that they are prone to more accidents. Also, maybe his shoes are too small.....that does it to my toddler
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on May. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Squirt breastmilk in his ears to clear up an ear infection  :)  Works better and faster than the antibiotics without the side effects

Quoting Precious333:

thanks. maybe if it continues I will take him monday. I just worry because smetimes doctor over prescribe antibiotics.

Quoting MollyJmommy:

MollyJmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Try squirting breastmilk in his ears that's what worked for my daughter :)

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Quoting lcmangham:

Growth spurt. Toddlers heads are so much larger in proportion to their bodies that they are prone to more accidents. Also, maybe his shoes are too small.....that does it to my toddler

thats true. He usually doesn't wear shoes, and all the accidents he was not, so that probably wasn't it.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

thanks. I will try that.

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

Squirt breastmilk in his ears to clear up an ear infection  :)  Works better and faster than the antibiotics without the side effects

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting MollyJmommy:

MaryJarrett
by Mary on May. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I'd squirt some bm in his ears a few times a day for a week and keep an eye on him. Garlic oil works for ear infections too. He doesn't really sound like he has one though. I'd chalk it up to growth spurt unless he starts showing signs of illness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I'd squirt some bm in his ears a few times a day for a week and keep an eye on him. Garlic oil works for ear infections too. He doesn't really sound like he has one though. I'd chalk it up to growth spurt unless he starts showing signs of illness.

The thing that makes me wonder is that he has been so grumpy lately, like something is bothering him. I just can't pin point it. It could be because he has bumps and bruises though :/ He does seem a lot happier this morning, so maybe whatever was bothering him is going away.

MaryJarrett
by Mary on May. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Does he communicate a liitle? Like if you asked him where it hurts, he'd point? And go from there.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

The thing that makes me wonder is that he has been so grumpy lately, like something is bothering him. I just can't pin point it. It could be because he has bumps and bruises though :/ He does seem a lot happier this morning, so maybe whatever was bothering him is going away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)