Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do I have to watch what I eat when BF?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

I was telling my husband last night I can not wait to have sushi and rare steaks again once my dear little boy is here... he said that he didnt think I would be able to eat that stuff until I am done breastfeeding... is he right? lol please tell me he isnt mama needs sushi :)

by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:28 PM
No need to cut things out unless you notice it upsets your baby (ie dairy soy etc).
You can even have the occasional drink. Safe to legally drive safe to nurse.
Just make sure you are taking in enough calories and drinking plenty of water!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whitney15
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I can't eat spicy stuff. It kills the babe. And kills me to not be able to eat it!!! Oh the sacrifices we make for our babies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on May. 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
You can eat whatever you want, if you notice an issue with the baby, cut back. No biggie. :) everything is back on the table.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM

This!  :)

Quoting MaryJarrett:

You can eat whatever you want, if you notice an issue with the baby, cut back. No biggie. :) everything is back on the table.

Hjanss01
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM

wow. I didnt think I would be able to drink at all. that is pretty cool, do you reccomend those  test strips that they have at like target then?

Quoting shelley11709:

No need to cut things out unless you notice it upsets your baby (ie dairy soy etc).

collinsmommy0
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Those test strips don't work.

Just have a beer or glass of wine, drink it slowly, & you will be fine to nurse.

Some studies show babies have a harder time metabolizing it before 6 weeks old and more than 2-3 drinks a week can inhibit let down.

Quoting Hjanss01:

wow. I didnt think I would be able to drink at all. that is pretty cool, do you reccomend those  test strips that they have at like target then?

Quoting shelley11709:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beccahairlady
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I eat everything including spicy foods and an occasional beer. Like the other ladies said, just watch your baby for sensitivity. You will do great!

Whitney15
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM
I'm so jealous of you. I love Mexican and Thai food...and I can't eat either one of them or my 1 monther has a super hard time with it. It makes me so sad!

Quoting Beccahairlady:

I eat everything including spicy foods and an occasional beer. Like the other ladies said, just watch your baby for sensitivity. You will do great!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eviesmommy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM
The only thing that seems to bother dd is when I eat too much citrus. But you best believe I was eating sushi again the same week she was born. And yes, I've had the occasional beer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I can drink soda of any kind or dd spits up a lot but I don't mind cause soda is so horrible for you anyway, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN