Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I am so tired from BF ...I can barley type this

Posted by   + Show Post
My 5.5 month old use to sleep through the night or maybe get up one or two times to nurse. The last two weeks he was up every hour or two to nurse. I co sleep but still cat sleep while he is nursing. I am a single mom with him and a 3 year old. I feel like a zombie. He nurses so much. My mom said since he is only 2 weeks away from being 6 months old to give him some food so he's fuller at night. IDK ..but im super tired
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM
I agree with these awesome ladies. Growth spurt, teething, new milestones. Those are usually the culprits in a sleep pattern change.
As far as babysitter. Thats to bad. I wouldn't be having her watch period if she won't do what you want with your child. However, just dont send baby with food. They dont get much nutrition from food until after a year. Just give him solids at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

These are all possible reasons for the sleep pattern change. There really isn't anything that you can do about it besides wait it out. If teething is an issue, you can give pain medicine or teething tablets to help with the pain, but it still might not help with the sleep. 

Solids will not help, they may even make it worse. If you want to do baby led solids, then the baby sitter follows or doesn't feed solids while watching your baby.

Quoting melindabelcher:

I agree with these awesome ladies. Growth spurt, teething, new milestones. Those are usually the culprits in a sleep pattern change.
As far as babysitter. Thats to bad. I wouldn't be having her watch period if she won't do what you want with your child. However, just dont send baby with food. They dont get much nutrition from food until after a year. Just give him solids at home.

moroccanmommy
by Robin on May. 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
They're only little once. ...Wont last forever... you will survive like all the mamas ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM
She says she is to afraid of him choking. She said she would feel better doing purees. She also thinks its crazy my son is almost 6 months old and I only feed him BM.

Quoting aehanrahan:

These are all possible reasons for the sleep pattern change. There really isn't anything that you can do about it besides wait it out. If teething is an issue, you can give pain medicine or teething tablets to help with the pain, but it still might not help with the sleep. 

Solids will not help, they may even make it worse. If you want to do baby led solids, then the baby sitter follows or doesn't feed solids while watching your baby.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
baby wont choke. Also, she sounds rude.

Quoting ktinaza:

She says she is to afraid of him choking. She said she would feel better doing purees. She also thinks its crazy my son is almost 6 months old and I only feed him BM.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Take it out of her hands and only give solids at home. Then she won't have to worry about it.

Quoting ktinaza:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting melindabelcher:

mamabens
by Miranda on May. 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree but wonder if she already thinks it's crazy to wait this long & has already said she's giving purees instead of small chunks,(when the time comes) who's to say she's not sneaking purees already & who's to say she won't give him purees even if mom sends nothing? Sorry I'm not terribly trusting of people anyway but this would make me less trusting.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Take it out of her hands and only give solids at home. Then she won't have to worry about it.

Quoting ktinaza:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting melindabelcher:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I was thinking that too. : /

Quoting mamabens:

I agree but wonder if she already thinks it's crazy to wait this long & has already said she's giving purees instead of small chunks,(when the time comes) who's to say she's not sneaking purees already & who's to say she won't give him purees even if mom sends nothing? Sorry I'm not terribly trusting of people anyway but this would make me less trusting.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting ktinaza:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting melindabelcher:

ktinaza
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM
That would piss me off. She doesn't have any baby food that I know of...he is the only baby there. She also said when I give him food make sure to do the same food for 3 days. She was going to give him rice cereal but I said no then she talked to a WIC lady and the lady told her I was right so she backed off.

Quoting aehanrahan:

I was thinking that too. : /

Quoting mamabens:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting ktinaza:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

That is a good sign if she backed off. You probably would have known if she was feeding your baby cereal. 

Quoting ktinaza:

That would piss me off. She doesn't have any baby food that I know of...he is the only baby there. She also said when I give him food make sure to do the same food for 3 days. She was going to give him rice cereal but I said no then she talked to a WIC lady and the lady told her I was right so she backed off.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN