Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Rash under breast??

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been having problems with both of my breasts again. Right side I figured out had a crack and the left side may also but the whole breast hurts off and on. No bumps and no red spots. Anyway, tonight I noticed a rash under my breast. Not on it, under it. Like on my stomach. It doesn't itch or anything though. I am very large chested (F). I googled and yeast infections came up but everyone talked about how badly they itched and I don't at all. Wth?? 

by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Schleetle
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM
You can get yeast infection there, but it could also just be a heat rash from sweating, and your bra. Put some unscented lotion under your breasts, and keep them as dry as possible so that it doesn't turn into yeast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I get those in the summer when I sweat a lot, I steal my DD butt paste put it on and it's gone overnight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I had something similar off and on for years. I used an antifungal spray and it went away. 

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I had a yeast rash at one point. I used a very diluted solution of grapefruit seed extract & water to help kill off the yeast.

It was super irritating when I had it - itchy & annoying when clothes touched it.

Also wash all of your clothes/bras in hot water, that will help kill any yeast on your clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eckielady
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I really don't think it's a yeast infection. Also this morning I noticed it's under the other side a bit too. I think it must be from being hot and sweating. It's been really hot here. No itching!! Just a little red. Stupid watermelons. I never wear a bra unless I'm going somewhere either. I figure why should I wear that contraption if I'm home (I used to like wearing a bra. Since breastfeeding I HATE it.)
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I use gold bond powder when I get too hot and sweaty like that.

catholicmamamia
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Heat can do it.. wearing an all cotton bra can help. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)