Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

OT Attachment parenting what do you all think??

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM
  • 11 Replies

So i was watching tv today and i came across this news story about a mother breastfeeding her 3 year old son and it was on the cover of time magazine. Did anyone else hear about it? It was also about attachment parenting and weather it was good or not.

here is a link to the yahoo article. Go there and watch the video cuz its way aweome. i tried to post it but it would not show up so i tried.  

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/jamie-lynne-grumet-defends-her-time-magazine-breastfeeding-180300346.html

I guess as for me i am an attachment parenting person. I just wank to know what everyone else thinks????

by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 12, 2012 at 1:40 AM
2 moms liked this
I can't think of a topic that has gone more viral than this one. And I've never read more ignorant and hurtful comments than I have on this topic. Though it is interesting to me that only one side of the debate comes loaded with evidence. I'm especially upset at the pages that are making their own exaggerated mock ups of the cover and further enraging people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM
We were doing many of the things that are associated with attachment parenting for years before we found out about it. the attachment parenting like lifestyle works for us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Like this. Go to despair.com's (despair) fb page and see what a joke they have made. I will never buy another product from the company again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Eh it's not for me but I donT judge others mothers parenting styles. However, my sister did attachment parenting and no spanking her boys are 12 and almost 10 and they are having behavior issues with them and last month mom took her to lunch for her birthday and she admitted they should not have raised them like that( not saying every parent who does it will have problem children. It just wasn't the way my nephews needed to be raised)
But the breast feeding till they selfs weened at 2 was good for them
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Me, too. I just thought I was parenting by responsive instincts. It makes me crazy how people are calling it a new fad, when in fact it's an old, natural and normal way to parent. The independent and detached parenting techniques are what's new.

Quoting melindabelcher:

We were doing many of the things that are associated with attachment parenting for years before we found out about it. the attachment parenting like lifestyle works for us

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eleechick
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM

lol i just noticed the this was posted in the main headline think well the photo at least lol 

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
One of my friends calledme this morning and said Dr Sears was on tv discussing this. For anyone who doesn't know, the cover accompanies a story on Dr Sears and attachment parenting. I didn't get to see it but she said he challenged anyone to find a bully who had been raised by AP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yes, absolutely!

Quoting mostlymaydays: Me, too. I just thought I was parenting by responsive instincts. It makes me crazy how people are calling it a new fad, when in fact it's an old, natural and normal way to parent. The independent and detached parenting techniques are what's new.

Quoting melindabelcher: We were doing many of the things that are associated with attachment parenting for years before we found out about it. The attachment parenting like lifestyle works for us.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

JordanV
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:43 AM
I, too, was an AP mama before I knew it was a thing. I went with instincts and doing what felt right for my personality and what my babe responded best to. I later found out that AP was what I was doing. I now have a very respectful, well-adjusted, polite, caring, extremely happy 2.5 year old that I am SO proud of...and 2 more little boys on the way that I plan to raise the same way, but I'm also keeping my options open and will go with whatever I feel fits their personalities best. I think AP worked wondefully for us, but i don't think it's the ONLY acceptable parebting method out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I was wondering if someone would make a screencap of that! 

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Like this. Go to despair.com's (despair) fb page and see what a joke they have made. I will never buy another product from the company again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)