Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

GMA really pisses be off

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
Course they're talking about the magazine cover. What really pisses me off is how they are commenting and pro traying.
Like the almost 4 year old instead of saying a 3 year old child.
They are covering up the child nursing... but it's never been a issue to show victoria secret models or pregnant naked women?? Or even bare ass.
I just don't get why it is so hard in the country for people to understand we have breast for feeding our children.
I have never done extended breastfeeding but that doesn't mean I won't do it this time. Whenever my baby no longer need to breastfeed, I will stop. God forbid if I tune in to my childs cues.

it's like were smoking crack and breastfeeding.. there's nothing wrong with what that woman is doing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
vermontmoms
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM
That gets me too. Its not like it hasn't been shown everywhere already; why cover it up now? Covering it up is worse b/c now it is like it is taboo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on May. 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I agree

Quoting vermontmoms:

That gets me too. Its not like it hasn't been shown everywhere already; why cover it up now? Covering it up is worse b/c now it is like it is taboo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I can't wait to hear the brilliance that comes next from "The View". Whoopi? What is your profoundly educated opinion on this one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I heard Dr Sears was on TV yesterday, maybe the Today Show? He was pretty upset that this was getting turned into a freak show. And he challenged anyone to find a bully who had been AP'd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I totally agree my parents were upstairs discussing that it should have been more modest. I was down stairs with my little terrors running around so I couldn't jump in but I wanted to say. Right but it's been normalized to see women half naked in bikinis on the cover of almost every magazine. No one walks by shocked at what shes wearing! But providing nutrition and nurturing to a toddler. Now women need to cover up!
Ridiculous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)