Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Could this be implantation bleeding or my period coming back?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
  • 5 Replies
I'm posted on here before to try and find out when most nursing moms gets their period back. And now I really need answers lol. My dd is 8 months old and I still haven't started my period. My husband and I do want another child soon. We had unprotected sex a couple times last week and the week before. The other morning I had blood on toilet paper when I wiped (it was red) so I thought I started my period back bc I haven't bled since coming home from the hospital with my dd. But then I didn't bleed anymore and I've had a very very small amount of brown discharge when I wipe. My periods before pregnancy were normally very heavy the first couple days . So what do you think could this be my period slowly trying to start back up?? Or possibly implantation bleeding ? I don't know anyone who's ever had implantation bleeding so maybe you have some knowledge on the matter? Also when your period did start back was it like before you had your baby or different? Thank you for your replies!!
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

could be implantation bleeding or even spotting during ovulation is a possibility. I will tell you with this child (my third) I didn't start until 15 months I believe, which was the longer thand my other two kids. Also, last month I had several moments where I spotted before my period began, and then my actual period later than usual. For me I don't know why, maybe because of ovulation, not sure. I would wait 2 weeks and then take a test.

dark_xiii_angel
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
That is how my period came back. I spotted like that once or twice beforehand period ever returned. My son was 14.5 months when it came back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM

BUMP!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Either, hon. Only way to know for sure is to test. 

Return of period is usually exact opposite of whatever happened before childbirth.

llheet8586
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM

My period returned 6 months PP and I spotted a little then a week later got my actual period.  I have heard if it is implantation bleeding it won't be brown, but I could be wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)