Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Spitting up

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter is 3 months old, she's ebf, & recently she's started spitting up a lot. She never did this before so I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what might be causing this? I haven't made any changes to my diet, & it's not with every feeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hlzcmjzajz
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM

How is she acting otherwise? If she is still acting like herself then I say dont worry. Just keep an eye on it and see if it contintues or if she seems to be in pain.

hlzcmjzajz
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM
It's actually more like a nuisance than I'm worried... She's acting fine, she just spits up now & she didn't before & I'm going through SO much laundry! My dh said maybe she's eating too much?

Quoting maggiemom2000:

How is she acting otherwise? If she is still acting like herself then I say dont worry. Just keep an eye on it and see if it contintues or if she seems to be in pain.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCHovey
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

My son spits up alot too but he has acid reflux and no it isn't with every feeding but when he does he spits up alot.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

ould be forceful letdown...google kellymom forceful letdown and see if that sounds like your LO

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

If dipes are still good and she's not losing weight it could merely be a laundry problem.

TheBabyFactory4
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM
My ds spits up a lot but he's fine. Yes it's aggravating but I'm glad he's nursing good. I know how you feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on May. 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Could be several things & could be nothing, some kids just spit up. FWIW, a baby cannot overeat directly from the breast.

hlzcmjzajz
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Thanks all, I'm almost positive its forceful letdown- gonna work on helping her with it & hope that stops the spit up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)