Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Random breast pain question

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
My left breast is sore. Like oh so sore! It's also bigger than the left. It's kind of a throbbing pain... It's not hot or hard... But gosh it hurts... Any ideas?
Baby girl is 6 months and ebf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paradys
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Does she nurse more on one side than the other? Or maybe just better? Could be engorged...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Uhm.. I try to be even but I'm sure I dont always succeed, lol.
Maybe it is but by golly it hurts... Hurt worse once she latched on... Lol

Quoting Paradys:

Does she nurse more on one side than the other? Or maybe just better? Could be engorged...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paradys
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Try pumping it out to see if that helps. If not I would start feelin for a lump or any spot that's more tender than the rest.

Quoting srbeusk:

Quoting Paradys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Tried pumping, got nothing. There is one spot that's more tender, but nothing hard...

Quoting Paradys:

Try pumping it out to see if that helps. If not I would start feelin for a lump or any spot that's more tender than the rest.

Quoting srbeusk:

Quoting Paradys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Nurse with baby;s chin pointed to the sore spot. You have a clog. Nursing gets it out. If you have to, put baby on a flat surface and get on all fours to dangle the breast over her in the correct position to have her chin pointed at the spot.

jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM
This is what helps me every time!

Quoting gdiamante:

Nurse with baby;s chin pointed to the sore spot. You have a clog. Nursing gets it out. If you have to, put baby on a flat surface and get on all fours to dangle the breast over her in the correct position to have her chin pointed at the spot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Thanks! I'll do that next time she eats! :)

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paradys
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Yep, pp os right, a clogged duct. Also massage the area with a warm wash cloth or while in the shower.
Hope it gets better soon, if you start to feel feverish or any flu like symptoms....go to dr, it can turn into mastitus (sp)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Last night I started to. I ate some garlic, took a hot shower, massaged the hey out of it, took two tylenol and went to bed... I feel noticeably better today...

Quoting Paradys:

Yep, pp os right, a clogged duct. Also massage the area with a warm wash cloth or while in the shower.

Hope it gets better soon, if you start to feel feverish or any flu like symptoms....go to dr, it can turn into mastitus (sp)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paradys
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Glad you feelin better, keep an eye on it till it's all gone.

Quoting srbeusk:

Last night I started to. I ate some garlic, took a hot shower, massaged the hey out of it, took two tylenol and went to bed... I feel noticeably better today...

Quoting Paradys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN