Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

help low supply at night

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
  • 20 Replies
DD is arching her back almost instantly after being put on the breast. Its been weeks since she has had as much as one bottle. If you seen yesterday's post you know she isn't gaining well. My breasts feel empty. I don't know what to do its frustrating for both of us. How can I boost my supply without getting her to even stay latched and I don't have access to an lc or a sns so I'm lost. I don't want to have to give her formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carolyntx
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Bump for more help.

Is this only at night?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:56 AM

have you tried fenugreek or oatmeal. even drinking a beer might help. my ds gets mad if he wants a slow flow and its fast, i have OAL. how old is your dd?

sreichelt26
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Supply is naturally lowest at night. How old is baby? It could be a few other things going on.

If she's having enough diapers, she's getting plenty. And your boobs aren't supposed to feel full, they're supposed to be soft and floppy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathercm26
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Why dont you have accezs to an lc. Your hospital should have one. Also the county sometimes does. Otherwise check out " la leche league" its free and available to everyone. No need to qualify or sign up or anything.
My baby did this too. I finally figured out it was a headache or teething. I gave her some tylenol and she was much more satisified. She was trying to nurse for comfort but it wasnt helping the pain so sge was getting mad at me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on May. 13, 2012 at 3:04 AM
We are in the middle of nowhere in southeast ks the only thing the hospitals around here are just nurses no one is certified and le leche is in kc 2.5 hours away. As far as my dd she is 4 months and is having weight issues along with extreme fussiness at he breast. I counted diapers today and she had 5

Quoting heathercm26:

Why dont you have accezs to an lc. Your hospital should have one. Also the county sometimes does. Otherwise check out " la leche league" its free and available to everyone. No need to qualify or sign up or anything.

My baby did this too. I finally figured out it was a headache or teething. I gave her some tylenol and she was much more satisified. She was trying to nurse for comfort but it wasnt helping the pain so sge was getting mad at me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOfTheBest2
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM
Continue to offer the breast. Pump between feedings if you can to boost supply. Eat oatmeal. Look into fenugreek or another galactagogue. RELAX. Is it possible baby is teething? Try general teething remedies before nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:08 AM
I suggest eating oatmeal. That's what I am doing and my pumped amount after feeding him at night is much lower than what I pump first thing in the morning. Also drink a beer. I did order some Brewer's Yeast tablets from Amazon for around $3.00 for 250 tablets. I heard that milk supply goes down once returning to work so I will save those for then. I hope I won't need them. Yeah, I would try the oatmeal and the beer first because the Brewer's Yeast smells awful! It's like sweaty butt crack and feet to me, lol. Sorry if that's tmi. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:57 AM
how many diapers are you changing in a 24 hour period?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:58 AM
breast feeling empty is good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:12 AM
btw, I'm mobile. Your supply sounds fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN