Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

co sleeping?

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
Can yall post some co sleeping tips to share with my husband? We are iffy on this practice, we know it can be very unsafe but also think it would make life easier and somewhat more enjoyable. We d like to make a more informed decision or at least be informed when we try it for a week. TIA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I'm mobil so I have no links. when done properly it's safer then them sleeping in their own bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Breastfeeding is best for cosleeping =)

No extra pillows or fluffy blankets. We use a light blanket or a sheet. Since fathers aren't attuned to the baby like the mom is (due to bfing), keep yourself between baby and daddy.

I prefer to put baby on his back when he's with me. Or if he's on his tummy, he's on top of me.

Dr Sears has great guidelines and ultimately you'll have to figure out what you're comfortable with. =)
phrenicfire89
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM
OK so our normal bed is as follows: we have separate comforters, due to bed hog issues lol, and two pillows each on a queen size bed. We only have a metal bed frame, no head or foot board so the matress is against the wall. After being used for more than 4-5 days the sheets start getting stretched and come loose from one corner through out the night. Is this a safe bed to co-sleep in? In your opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a similar problem with the sheets being pulled off. I would shy away from co-sleeping in that situation.

We did NOT co-sleep all in the same bed. DH slept in the master bedroom, I moved to the guestroom with our son. Everyone slept better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)