Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

First pp AF, what to expect.

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hi all, dd turned 10 months on the 11th and today I have begun my first pp AF. Last week I had crazy tenderness in my nips when she nursed and now I know why. That will be the first thing I suspect now lol. At work last night I was a bit troubled by my pump output. Not much had decreased, but normal output for me for a 12 hour night shift I will easily pump 8oz in one pump session, which is twice what my dd will eat at night while I'm away. Last night I really had to force letdown and pump for twice as long to get about 6 1/2oz. I know it's not much of a difference but for me it was meaningful. Pump output decrease is something else I will expect. My question to you ladies that have been where I am: What else can I expect? Dd has been crazy cranky for the last 32ish hours but Idk if that's related. Any tips on what to expect and/or tricks to make things easier would be much appreciated! Oh and Happy Mothers Day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I never noticed any supply decrease with AF but my AFs didn't start until after 24 months, so I was past the point of worrying about supply. Everytime, I have been completely shocked at how crazy heavy my AF has been, the first 3 or 4. I swear they make up for the 24+ I skip. Everytime I think I must be having a miscarriage, from the volume and labor-like cramping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
And happy Mother's Day back at you! ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Pretty much every variation is normal. For some lucky women, periods come and go with no notice. For others, it's a real trial where supply dwindles and baby refuses the breast and there's a lot of work to regain ground.

You seem to be in that middle of the road position. Carry on, keep up your water!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)