Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Yes I'm doing THAT....in public....without a cover....and my baby is past his first birthday. No I'm not a child molester. Or extreme.

Posted by   + Show Post

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Replies (71-80):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Thank-you for sharing that! You warmed my heart :-)

Quoting Arizona77:

You have no idea how encouraging this is for first time mamas like me that are exclusively breast feeding.  Thank You for Posting !!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SLOmommy
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1- I don't see any skin on her pic
2- my son REFUSES to eat if I cover him up. He will scream. LOUD...which personally, would bother me a lot more than someone BFing.

It really isn't about making a statement, it's about feeding your baby.

Quoting jshalas89:

I don't get the point of bf w/o a cover and making it a point to point it out. Do you want attention? I personally wouldn't want that kind of attention but then again some have respect for others and don't have to "show off" just because "they can".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Exactly!

Quoting SLOmommy:

1- I don't see any skin on her pic

2- my son REFUSES to eat if I cover him up. He will scream. LOUD...which personally, would bother me a lot more than someone BFing.

It really isn't about making a statement, it's about feeding your baby.

Quoting jshalas89:

I don't get the point of bf w/o a cover and making it a point to point it out. Do you want attention? I personally wouldn't want that kind of attention but then again some have respect for others and don't have to "show off" just because "they can".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissamom224
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
That pisses me off that they would make you feel that way! Im sorry you went threw that be proud of youre milk jugs..

Quoting larissalarie:

Always feel free to rant :-) I'm very sorry that happened, but I'm so glad you aren't letting it stop you! It truly is THEIR issue.
Quoting Gingerella:

I have a 6 week old and am not that adept at nursing without a cover yet. I took off walking to the park last week and thought he wouldn't need to eat for a 20 minute walk (wtf was I thinking..he's a milk MONSTER). I hadn't brought my cover so I picked a secluded spot behind some trees because there were several people there. I have been working on it and was pretty sure nothing was showing but just to be safe. Apparently some of the women there knew what I was doing. A few small children started walking on the sidewalk near where I was sitting. I double checked nothing was showing when I saw them coming. Anyways, their Mothers totally freaked out! They started yelling at them to come away. I was so embarrassed. I think I was more embarrassed because I was hiding. It felt like **I** was ashamed and I'm not. There was a line drawn. I won't hid again. And if they fear having to educate their children about human milk then THEY can leave the park.

Sorry, I had my own associated rant.

Kudos to you Momma! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaMomFirst
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
The more people see moms breastfeeding in public, the more it will become the norm we know it is!

I know your goal is to do the very best for your child by meeting his needs when and where he indicates the need.

But, know that you are doing a far greater service. A collateral service, if you will. A service to the breastfeeding mothers who will come after you and to a society that will one day consider breastfeeding the norm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! Nowhere was a breast even visible!

Quoting melindabelcher:

Seriously! Bf with a cover draws WAY more attention. She shows how she can bf an older child and or doesnt even look like it unless you stare her down. Had she have to get out a cover then get an older child under it and nurse it would have been like a huge neon sign saying im bf an older child.

Kuddos to larissa for "showing off", women who see other women bf without covers and see how discreet it is can feel more confident in themselves being able to do it.

Op thats great! I nurse my 30 month old in public and 99% of the time people don't know even when theyre taking to me.

Quoting jshalas89:

Did you read my comment? I think it's pretty self explanatory. Figure it out. I asked op. Not you anyway. Don't worry about it.

Quoting scarletelk:

what the fuck? how is She flaunting anything?

Quoting jshalas89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hyman
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Lol. My son is 9 months old and I'm wondering if I'll get any remarks about him being over 1 and nursing. Lol. To date, nobody has ever said anything negative or even rolled their eyes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
handicapnation
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

*Claps* Well done mama, well done :)

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I never thought of it that way before, thank-you!

Quoting ImaMomFirst:

The more people see moms breastfeeding in public, the more it will become the norm we know it is!

I know your goal is to do the very best for your child by meeting his needs when and where he indicates the need.

But, know that you are doing a far greater service. A collateral service, if you will. A service to the breastfeeding mothers who will come after you and to a society that will one day consider breastfeeding the norm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randhferedinos
by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I told my husband last week in church that I was not only feeding my 2 year old, but smoothing the way for mothers in the future to nurse comfortably in our Baptist church building. I snuggled my daughter close and fed her discreetly with no cover and smiled at anyone who looked sideways at me. ( my husband laughed and said " you're my lactivist, babe"

You're welcome, future nursing mothers :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)