Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

my 1st NIP experience was...

Posted by   + Show Post

...a positive one!!!   :)

I am a pretty modest person and I dont really feel comfortable nursing in public.  I dont have a problem with anyone else who does it, but I am not one of you ladies who can easily go to a mall or target whip out the boobie and start nursing.  Today DS (6 mo) and I took my mom out to brunch.  I planned everything accrodingly till my mom decided she wanted to go a little later than we planned.  I thought DS would be able to wait it out, but he got hungry early and halfway through brunch he started screaming!!!  he tends to go from a little fussy to SCREAMING in hunger in 2 min, esp when he is tired, but it has never happened in public.  

So the waitress happened to be at our table bringing us juice when she saw this all go down and said "oh do you breastfeed him? because if you do feel free to do it here.  we welcome nursing moms, people have done it here several times"  i told her how i have never done it in public and was kind of weirded out about it and she said she didnt think anyone would even notice and helped my mom block me as i pulled it out and DS latched.  I guess Happy Mother's Day to me!  haha  :)

by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Replies (21-26):
by Beckie on May. 14, 2012 at 2:23 PM

That's awesome!  :)  Great job!!

kaitlynherring
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM

That is wonderful! What a sweet woman. :)

sweet.lil.mama
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM

i've done it on the ferry he was 2 weeks old. no one said anything, and i did it at the laundry mat last week hes 6 weeks old now and a lady commented that it was nice to see women still breastfeed nowadays because most moms want the convenience of formula :)

I am a hospital and home birthing, circumcising and intact, formula feeding and breastfeeding, vaxing and delayed vaxing...mom of 2 boys...they might be differently raised but i love them the same :)

rpowers12
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Good job I am glad it was positive for you. It gets easier. I was wierded at first but was forced once to do it and it just became natural

SLOmommy
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I wish mine went that way. I wanted to do it but A LOT of people were staring. My son HATED the cover and then I guess he felt my anxiety. He just screamed and screamed :(
I took him outside to distract him cause it was kinda ruined at that point :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmom72
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

this bring tears to my eyes! I never had any issues NIP with DS1 but DS2 is 5weeks & I'm having such a struggle. He's had latch issues & is 3in longer & 1.5lbs than his bother was. I guess I was able to do it whith ! because he had the musclular development made it easier. we'll get it but wow what a great experience!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)