Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I Think My BFing Adventure Is Almost Over

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

My so is almost completely on the bottle. He's getting breastmilk as well as formula. I am pumping and storing some milk, but I'm hoping to have him completely weened off of me really soon. He gets so excited when he sees the bottle. I feel a mix of accomplishment and a little sadness. You kind of think well they're just breasts, it's just breastmilk, but once you start weening you feel a little loss. I know that mine and my child's bond is strong, it's just weird when I think about him not being at my breast most of the day.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
justone_jen
by Jen on May. 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Do you have to wean? If I felt that way, I wouldn't wean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I never wanted to BF past 6 months. I know it sounds selfish, but once they start teething that's when I take them off. I love my boys, I really do, I just never wanted to breastfeed longer than that unless there was a medical reason for it. Like my kids were allergic to all other milk or something. I plan on going to school as soon as he's weened. I'm still giving him the pumped milk and let him breastfeed at least twice a day so my body knows what he needs from me so when I pump what he needs is in the milk. I felt the same way when I weened my oldest.

justone_jen
by Jen on May. 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM
I don't think you're selfish. Everyone is different. :) Good luck. Six months is awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 14, 2012 at 3:15 PM
You did a great job getting this far! It's to bad you have to stop as the benefits available to both of you are still so great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I know there are amazing benefits. That's why I will breastfeed all of my babies. I want them to get as much as they can as long as they are breastfed. Thank you for your support. I don't get that from the WIC office over here. They look at me like I have two heads or something. My husband says it's my choice how long I breastfeed and their pediatrician says as long as they're healthy it's ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN