Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any other ladies out there with this issue?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM
  • 8 Replies

So my DS ever since he started nursing i have had to put my finger on my breast and push the skin away from his nose so he can continue to breath. It has gotten a little better not that he is older  but still have to sometimes. I think its just that my nipples are not in the normal place where most women's are. Mine point down and i think that is the problem. That and that my breast are not on the small side so both of those combined makes it hard for me to not have to hold my breast tissue back a lot of the time. Is there anyone else out there with the problem? just curious.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to do that... then my LC asked why? If he couldn't breathe he'd unlatch. Darned if she wasn't right!

shelley11709
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I still have to do it at times and DS is almost 9 months. I'm pretty large chested. Use a rolled up wash cloth under your breast and try different positions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofAlice
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I did it for the first few months, then realized I didn't need to. Alice figured out how to position herself to eat and breathe without my help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Babies' noses are kind of naturally engineered to breathe while breastfeeding, kind of flatter and drawing air from the sides. And g is right, if they can't breathe they will pop off to do so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCat1121
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Mine do the same thing sometimes. I just position him to where he can breath properly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM
ya i have larger boobies too and DS used to shove his face in them so i pulled them back so he could breathe but when i did that i positioned him so i could see it all and it made his latch off and hurt my nipples hurt. the LC told me the same PP said that he only needs a tiny space to breathe and if he couldnt he would unlatch. sure enough she was right. once we got it right he could breathe fine. now he looks around and everything withe the boob in his mouth haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eleechick
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

oh good i am not the only one that has this issue thank goodness. It is not always nessicary now just some of the time but i have to say sometimes having larger boobies sucks

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Whenever you think you're the only one it's a guarantee that you are NOT. **smile**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)