Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Son has to play with opposite nipple while nursing

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

My son is 18months and still breastfeeding and cosleeping and I love it. Except for his little habit of having to play with my opposite nipple. He pinches hard sometimes and it hurts. I try to tell him not to but he just gets upset and will throw a fit. He has had this habit for a little while now. Like I said we cosleep and I let him feed whenever he wants at night but this is getting to where I can't sleep because he is playing with my other nipple to hard in the middle of the night. I have also tried using a necklace or putting somehtnig else in his hand and he has no interest. I also put a bra or blanket on that opposite boob but he will literally (in his half sleep phase) will unlatch and throw a fit if he can't get to it.. Not sure what to do now.  Have you dealt with this before?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommynwife26
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM
My daughter is 18mths and though she is no longer breastfed she still plays with my boobs/nipples. If we are laying cuddling or like you said co sleeping she will stick her hand down or up my shirt and play with them. Like you I have done everything to get her to stop. Its comforting I guess to them. Maybe wear a bra so he doesn't have access to it so easily? Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leidy2011
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:28 AM
My ds will soon be 16 months and he does the same thing. He loves to pinch my nipples -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deathbysexiness
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Gunnar is 9 months old and has been doing this since he was about 6 months. He MUST have both of them out so he can switch back and forth every few seconds and he pinches the other one :( I can't get him to stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifetimelove
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:49 AM
My son does the same thing. I just grab his hand and let him freak out. Eventually he stops trying (until the next time). =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Brandon does this too. he is 10.5mnths old. its only to first fall asleep. it also only started after he got his first haircut and couldnt play with his hair anymore. If he starts pinching hard i just cover up and he starts rubbing his head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:58 AM

*nods* Twiddling. Horrible, nasty habit. lol

It's so cute when they're little. But those tiny baby hands get bigger and stronger and, before you know it, you have a knee-jerk reaction to drop kick your angel across the room every time he twiddles. lol I've been there.

With older kids, it's a hard habit to break; they're so used to it. But it CAN be done.

Let him throw a fit. G'head. lol He will learn, if you're firm and consistent, that twiddling = no nursing.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Yep. BE FIRM. This is like ANY OTHER bad behavior. If he pulled the cat's tail and cried because you wouldn't let him, you'd be unimpressed. Be unimpressed now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)