Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Coming up on 8 months and a couple of questions.

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
Markus will be 8 months on the 26th and I had a couple of questions.

He does eat solids of all sorts. He loves to feed himself pieces of food. We dont do specific meals but he does sit with us at the dinner table and eat with us. My question is should I start doing three meals a day with him or does that come after a year?

He takes a sippy cup but the majority of the time we end up playing the game of "Markus drops it, mommy/daddy/sister pick it up". Ive tipped it up to teach him and he gets it and does drink out of it. I want to start the weaning process after his first bday. Should I start giving him breastmilk in his sippy cup while hes eating to give him the idea that he can drink mommas milk out of a cup?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamabens
by Miranda on May. 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

i don't think my son got 3 meals a day until he was closer to 18 months old. Remember too many solids can hurt your supply & before a year old solids are practice/dessert. Always nurse first...baby refuses to nurse he gets no solids. You would make  him eat his sandwich before giving him cake right? Same thing until 1 yr.

SuperMom2433
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:24 AM
We def do that! He always nurses good first then he gets his snacks and most of the time he nurses after as well.

Quoting mamabens:

i don't think my son got 3 meals a day until he was closer to 18 months old. Remember too many solids can hurt your supply & before a year old solids are practice/dessert. Always nurse first...baby refuses to nurse he gets no solids. You would make  him eat his sandwich before giving him cake right? Same thing until 1 yr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on May. 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Then i wouldnt' change a thing...you know the saying lol

Quoting SuperMom2433:

We def do that! He always nurses good first then he gets his snacks and most of the time he nurses after as well.

Quoting mamabens:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM

You can do solids as often as you want as long as you nurse first.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Its up to you and as long as he nurses first you can offer food as many times as you want..up to you

LKRA
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I wouldn't worry about three meals a day until after he's a year old. At this point, solids are just desert anyway.

You can put boob juice in the sippy now if you want. The Nugget's been getting it from time to time for a few weeks now. Just to keep him entertained while I make dinner, for the most part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN