Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hes been waking up more at night...

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM
  • 16 Replies
Markus will be 8 months on the 26th and hes waking a lot more at night than before to comfort nurse. He doesnt even really eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilydoyle
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Normal. Are you co-sleeping? Or is his bed in your room? sometimes babies wake up when they feel/hear you move. And then they get their days and nights mixed up! lol. It's just a phase, and will change.

lilydoyle
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I forgot about teething! A lot of comfort nursing is a sign that baby's gums are starting to get sore, and teeth will be coming soon.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Separation anxiety, teething, and growing are all super common at this age... combine the 3 and you've got a patch of horrible sleep on your hands!   Just reading your title I guessed baby was 7-8 mo old.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
SuperMom2433
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM
This is what Im wondering. We bedshare.

Quoting lilydoyle:

Oh, I forgot about teething! A lot of comfort nursing is a sign that baby's gums are starting to get sore, and teeth will be coming soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Would he be having seperation anxiety even if theres no seperation? I stay home with him and we bedshare.
Im thinking teething.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Separation anxiety, teething, and growing are all super common at this age... combine the 3 and you've got a patch of horrible sleep on your hands!   Just reading your title I guessed baby was 7-8 mo old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindseyLou531
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Dreams! I swear my 7 month old has nightmares. We bed share and I have woken up multiple times recently to him breathing/ sounding panicky. Then he wakes up and finds my boon to comfort nurse. My pedi said its not uncommon for dreams at this point freaking my little dude out :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Most likely it's the teeth. But he might just be waking because he woke up. We all have waking cycles through the night; babies have a harder time just going back to sleep. Time is the cure.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM

They all go through it, it doesn't matter if you're ever separated or not.  Sometimes it's just that they realize that you can go away and so they're constantly checking to make sure you're still there.   At night, that translates to more wake ups and comfort nursing.   

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Would he be having seperation anxiety even if theres no seperation? I stay home with him and we bedshare.
Im thinking teething.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
SuperMom2433
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow! I did not know that!! Awww... :-( Im glad I can comfort him though.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

They all go through it, it doesn't matter if you're ever separated or not.  Sometimes it's just that they realize that you can go away and so they're constantly checking to make sure you're still there.   At night, that translates to more wake ups and comfort nursing.   

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Im thinking teething.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daymommy
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Morgan has been doing the same thing. He will be 8 months on the 30th, and last night he woke up every 2 hours! I'm pretty sure he's doing it because of a combo of teething, and maybe a growth spurt. He has been actually eating everytime he wakes up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)