Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Could I been over feeding my baby????

Posted by   + Show Post

My baby is 7 weeks today & he currently weights 14 pounds.  I have BF exclusively since he was born.  He's feeding every 2 hours during the day (8 to 10 min per feeding) and every 3 to 4 hours during the night (also 8 to 10 min per feeding). I think he's getting a lot of weight, could I be overfeeding him????

by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Replies (21-24):
NollynsMommy14
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Nope, only of you have an overproduction disorder and he's not getting enough of your hind milk, they need equal portions of fore and hind milk to digest it. But you would notice runny bubbly green poop (although just the color green is normal) my 8 week old had this problem when he was first born, I was making too much milk for the first 4 weeks I had to block feed to reduce the foremilk so he could actually get to the hind milk. They say that it could cause rapid weight gain, but again he would have gassy, frothy, wet, green poop. That causes almost permanent diaper rash. Good luck
milmil06
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Well how much did he weigh at birth my son doubled his weight by then he was 16 pounds he is just a big boy he will be one next week and last time he went to the dr about a month ago he was 31 lbs my 3 year old is 36 lbs lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azaleas.mommy
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Healthy baby boy, congrats! Just dont be surprised if his weight gain stops for a while when your milk regulates, good luck!
NaturalMamaCZ
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM
All sounds natural to me. You can't overfeed an ebf baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)