Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

juice fast while breast feeding.

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am very overweight, 291 lbs, 5'10" tall. My son is 4 mo old and is nursing awesome. Have not given him any cereals or solid foods or formula. He is 100% breast fed. I want to do a partial juice fast for 60 days to lose some weight. My plan is to eat a healthy breakfast with protein like eggs and milk, fruit shake. And then juice veggiies and fruits throughout
the day with nuts as snacks and have a good dinner likr fish or chicken and
veggies. If I get hungry I will eat and not starve myself. Any idea if this will be safe for baby, me and my milk supply???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kcangel63
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM
You need to make sure to get your 1800 calories a day to continue making milk. I would think you should be fine as long as you get that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM
From what ive been told make sute you stay hydrated the rest doesnt matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaimeebugg
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I'd make sure you were getting our recommended calories, and get ok from doc. Then have at it. I wish you luck In Your journey!
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on May. 17, 2012 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
That doesn't sound like dieting. It sounds like eating healthy. Remember, it took you 9 months to gain the weight, it will probably take at least that to loose it. Look into weight watchers to loose weight safely and healthy. Get some exercise too and watch portions.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

That's not a fast. And that's GOOD. Because fast = BAD.... I don't care if you're breastfeeding or not. Weight tends to come right back.

Weight Watchers has a great plan just for nursing moms.

LadyBugMom09
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I haave done some research and my doc says I'm ok to proceed. So I'm going to start my partial fast in June and my husband is going to support me by joining me as well. He's going to do a full juice fast for 10 days and then a partial fast thereafter. So we are pumped.

Thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)