Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I'm so proud of myself :)

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sunday it will be a month since i gave birth to my daughter, I had so many problems breastfeeding in the begining and i was upset that i wasnt going to be able to breastfeed at all, but i made it ! yes im bfing and bottle feeding her but she doesnt get enough on the breast all the time. I am so happy that i am breasting feeding even if its part time. I'm so proud of myself for fighting threw the pain. :)

by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Yay! Good job mama!!

:) pump in-between feedings you can pump so you can fill those bottles with your own milk (plus it will boost supply!)

Good luck!! I bet you can go full time :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I agree with the other mom...pump in betwwen feedings and you can also do half formula and half B Milk...Yay!!!!

kimmzy
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Yay! At 8 weeks was when I finally felt completely confident and comfortable with BFing. Keep it up! We're at 12 weeks of BFing with adventures in tongue tie and lip tie so I know how it feels when it's not quite working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM

This and let baby nurse on demand for however long baby wants to. Start on one breast until baby pulls off, have a good burp and then offer the other side! Your supply goes by what baby wants.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Yay! Good job mama!!

:) pump in-between feedings you can pump so you can fill those bottles with your own milk (plus it will boost supply!)

Good luck!! I bet you can go full time :)

MollyJmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Congrats! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahbeth2852
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I know this awesome feeling. Way to go! My babygirl is almost 12wks and I feel like everything that could go wrong, has went wrong w/ breastfeeding. Every week I continue nursing, I feel better about myself & my accomplishment. It's such a challenge. I never expected it to be this hard but wow, it's so rewarding. Also, I love knowing that I'm giving the very best to my baby. Good luck, girl! :) 

at82
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Breastfeeding is the shit! Haha! You are doing GREAT! The more breastmilk you can give your baby the better! I agree with the mother moms. If you can get a hold of a breast pump, do it! I know you can borrow them from the wic office if you qualify if u don't wanna spend money on one. Also if you are worried about your supply u can take "fenugreek" (comes in capsules) or "mother's milk" (tea bags) both of which can help stimulate your supply. 

Also....and this can not be emphasized enough.

Most women DO produce enough even when they don't think they do. It could be a latching thing. But also....some babies in the beginning eat what feels like AAAALL THE TIME!

The first little while before my LO got the hang of latching and eating effectively he'd eat for an hour every 2-3 hours.

But keep up the good work!

lilydoyle
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I say feed baby on demand. Your breasts produce CONSTANTLY so you can neber run out of milk. Also, make sure to offer bm first for every feeding, only giving formula after. Make sure the formula is only an ounce or two, and put baby back to breast. And yes, pumping would help, but only if baby is having latching problems.

catholicmamamia
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Quoting MollyJmommy: Congrats! :)

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Mommy_Burge
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I know my wic office GAVE me a manual medala pump. I thought it was going to be horrible hand pumping but it actually works wayyyy better for me than the electric ones. :)
So if you do or can get wic you should definitely ask :)
And good job!!!!! I made it bfing with my first barely a week I had so many issues but I've made it to seven months with my second child and I'm ecstatic! Its worth the troubles lol

Quoting at82:

Breastfeeding is the shit! Haha! You are doing GREAT! The more breastmilk you can give your baby the better! I agree with the mother moms. If you can get a hold of a breast pump, do it! I know you can borrow them from the wic office if you qualify if u don't wanna spend money on one. Also if you are worried about your supply u can take "fenugreek" (comes in capsules) or "mother's milk" (tea bags) both of which can help stimulate your supply. 

Also....and this can not be emphasized enough.

Most women DO produce enough even when they don't think they do. It could be a latching thing. But also....some babies in the beginning eat what feels like AAAALL THE TIME!

The first little while before my LO got the hang of latching and eating effectively he'd eat for an hour every 2-3 hours.

But keep up the good work!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)