Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Little boy at day care has Roseola!! Scared my 8 month old will get it ;( ??

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
The boy at day care had a high fever last week and they didn't know what was wrong cuz no other symptoms.. They said ear infection... So I kept bringing my DS ... well he just woke up with a rash all over his abdomen!!!! Now he has full blown Roseola!! Ahhh... Now my son has been exposed during the most contagious part;(... Worried now to death he will get it.... Do you all know how contagious it may be or had an experience where your kid didn't contract it from another that had it? Just want to know how much I should worry?... Thx so much!! Your responses are greatly appreciated;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piwife
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:37 AM
My kids have had it many times is really not that bad. They just get fuzzier then usual cuz of the high fever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Both of my kids have had it and honestly it wasn't that bad. The fever is the worst part since it can make them pretty uncomfortable, but the rash never seemed to bother them. Both times I have no idea where my kids got it, but more than likely it was from the nursery at church since they have never been in daycare and weren't in school at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarasquiverfull
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Several of my kids have had it.  It's really no big deal.  The fever can get very high though, which can be scary if fevers scare you.  I used to be very concerned with fevers but have since learned more about them, so though I am still cautious and watch them close I really don't treat the fever unless it gets super high (everyone has there own threshold of what they consider super high).

RozyMama
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I an sorry he was exposed. :( I hope he doesn't get it, but like others have said it's not that terrible. Pretty run of the mill virus. Once the rash shows up, the worst is over. It's just extra cuddles and nursing through the fever :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfWisdom
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Who woke up, your son or the child? My oldest had it and besides the fever for a week, it want horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Roseola is just a virus that they've been able to identify and name. It isn't any more dangerous than any other cold. It's usually 3 days of mysterious fever, which breaks just as a non-bothersome rash appears. (and all that said, I got roseola 5 years ago and was so sick they thought I had lupus or MS. It was like mono, my whole body ached and i could barely move my arms and legs. Over a month after exposure my roseolatiters, HHV-7, were still through the roof.) Everyime my kids get a fever they can't figure out, they always guess its roseola (sometimes you don't react with the rash).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheram
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM
He very well may get it, but don't worry too much. Roseola is an extremely common childhood virus. In fact, most children have had it by the time they enter kindergarten. Although it sounds scary, it is rarely serious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

They allowed a baby to come to day care with a fever? The daycare should have a policy that a child needs to be fever free for at least 24 hours before coming to daycare. I'd be pretty upset about that, roseola or not.

My son had it at that age and while it is not fun, it is not too horrible. Keep nursing and keep your fingers crossed!

elleinady
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Your child is going to get lots of viruses in his life. Calm down. You'll be able to handle them better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Well I mean he is in daycare that's part of the package. Kids are germ factories. Lol. But especially being in daycare odds of contracting something is higher. Both my kids had it I gave them tyelnol or motrin and a few days later they were fine. Its really no big deal. Relax it will be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN