Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I officially can't eat dairy. Kae's doctor thinks that it is what is causing Kae's gas. So anyone have yummy recipes?? I don't know how I will live without cheese :(
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Replies (31-31):
brenatens
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Finally got her to latch after using the shells.  I fed her on the left (with the shield) and the shell caught milk on the right.  I thought maybe that would decrease the overactive letdown when I switched sides.   The latch on the right (without shield) only lasted a minute before she started coughing with milk coming out of her nose. 

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Normal pump output is .5-2oz for both breasts combined! Your pump output is great! And if that LC had any knowledge of breastfeeding, she would know that pump output is NEVER to be used as supply indication! Diaper count is how you determine supply. For flat/inverted nipples you need to be using a nipple SHELL, not shields - that's one of the biggest mistakes made, shields only cause more issues. Try nursing without the shields (but use the shells in between feedings) and do laidback nursing. If it is forceful letdown, laidback nursing will decrease the amount of air baby takes in and will create much less gas. If it was a dairy issues, you be seeing alot more symptoms than gas.

Quoting brenatens:

now I'm confused because the LC nurse that is in the new moms group I go to said she doesnt think I am producing enough because when I pump I am only getting 1oz per boob. There are so many possible problems :P I just can't get this right!

Quoting Char07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)