Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breast milk for the win!

My little dude is 11 weeks and is up over 8 pounds from his lowest weight of 5 pounds 6 ounces at 2 weeks. I know hr's getting enough- we have 8 super wet diapers and at least one diaper overflowing with golden treasure a day. But I sooooo want him to start chunking up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Replies (51-58):
robibuni
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Mine is pretty average, but she's on the skinny side.

Funny enough, DD1 was always a HUGE baby and she's still a big girl (at 3 years old, she's 40" and 45 lbs). We've figured out its just her body type, and she's like daddy in that respect.

DD2, she's 24.5" and only 11 lbs at 3 months, but she's like me. I was always long and skinny.

Interesting how babies can be sooo different from the exact same parents!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Here's my skinny princess, Aubrey Grace.. She just turned 3 months old yesterday, she's 9 lbs.

And here she is loving her boobie milk so much she's holding onto it to make sure no one takes it away..

CafeMom Tickers
illinoismommy83
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM

He is so cute!

Eat some avocado. I went through a desperate love with guacamole and my baby went from this skinny little thing to a huge chunky girl in no time. When my youngest was first born I remember remarking to my husband how small she was and marveling at how long she stayed in newborn size. Then my guacamole love hit me and all of those good fats plumped my baby up.

She is 15 months old, 24.5 lbs, and screams "boob" at me till I comply. I had to lay off the avocado so she didn't get too big, lol. My neighbor's 9 month old was gaining almost nothing for the first 3 months of his life. He was SO small. They are vegetarians and I suggested avocado to her. Now at 9 months he is bigger than my 15 month old.  I swear by it!

ednaamelia
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM
All my kiddies have been skinny babies, but perfectly healthy. Ped always has said he rather have a bit underweight breastfed baby than a overweight or regular weight formula fed baby any day. Aslong as they were healthy of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ednaamelia
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Oh I just loove the pic he is oober cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fmjohn1
by on May. 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I have a skinny mini too. My daughter is 20 months old and only just got to 21.5 lbs! She just started wearing 12month clothes recently and can still wear 6 month skirts and shorts! As long as your doctor is ok with his weight you're fine.
SweetOrangeMama
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM

My kids are both little and completely healthy. My daughter was 6 pounds 8 ounces at birth and now at 15 years old weighs 86 pounds and is 5'2". My son weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces at birth and at his checkup last week he weighed 19 pounds 3 ounces and he is 19 months old.

xXVICKYXx
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 2:16 AM

my son was born at 5lbs 11 oz he is now 11 weeks old and 9lbs or so. i love my skinny baby,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)