Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I know all the negative press on co-sleeping, but I have to admit that I do it. Not exclusively, but when my kids wake in the night to eat, I do put them in bed with me and nurse them in bed. I'm just tired and want to sleep....and I've never been afraid of crushing them cuz no matter how tired I get, I always know they're there. My sister always told me not to do it and later I found out SHE does the same thing!!! Anyone else have this dirty little secret?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Replies (51-56):
Totallysmitten
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Oh yes. We co-sleep. After about 2 weeks, I discovered that co-sleep is better than no-sleep. Now, the weaning is over, and we still co-sleep. I couldn't imagine how it would be without my baby by my side at night. We really need to put her in her own bed though. She's SUCH a bed hog.
www.workathomeresource.info
Angeleyes_6
by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM
I exclusively co-slept with all 6 my kids. I did til they were 2 and then I bought them their toddler bed. I have never owned a crib.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM
I am a light sleeper so this has never worried me. When I do feel over tired I put him in his crib. I feel like this happens early on when the kids are really little and momma is extra tried and still trying to heal..just my theory....
LKRA
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM

OMG, don't we ALL?!!??!?!

fullxbusymom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Nope have NEVER coslept and I am currently on baby #4.  I get up and feed him on the couch and then put him back to bed.  However, my 3mo old only gets up once during the night so it isn't that big of a deal. 

azpreemiemom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Same here. I never intended on co-sleeping, but after he wakes the first time, I usually fall asleep nursing him. He is 5 months old now, and a big 5 month old, so I am not worried about rolling on him. When he is with me, I usually don't move.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)