Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Unrelated to BFing... TEETHING?

My daughter is 2-1/2 months old and we believe she may be teething because she has many of the symptoms I've read about online. She started showing symptoms last week. Before then she had started sleeping 5 hours at night. Sometimes I would wake her after 4 hours because that's what my BF book said but most of the time I let her sleep if I didn't feel engorged. During the day she would take 2-1/2 to 3 hour naps. Now I'm lucky if she sleeps for 1 hour and then after her midnight feeding last night she wouldn't sleep unless she was in the bed with my husband and I... something we NEVER got in the habit of doing because we didn't want her to become used to it. Before this phase began she slept great in her crib in her nursery... we kept her in our room until she outgrew her bassinet... she's a long baby! lol. 

Anyway, I'm having a hard time figuring out if it is, in fact, teething that is causing her to be so extremely fussy, sleepless, and frantically chewing on her hand or if it is just another phase. I also noticed she doesn't eat as well. She will eat then pull off then latch back on then pull off again...

Did anyone else's children start teething this early? Does this even sound like what the problem is??

SORRY FOR RAMBLING!

by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Replies (11-12):
Crystal_S
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

exact same story as my babe - sleeping, chewing, eating etc. Im so glad you asked because I was thinking 2 and a half months was really early. My DS also is starting to drool and chew on his lips and seems restless and uncomfortable. I figured it might be teething when he started chewing on his soother instead of sucking :( Poor LO's 

eema.gray
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Yup.  My daughter is the same age and doing exactly the same thing.  :-)  Yesterday, she didn't sleep more than 20 minutes at a time from nine am to 10 pm.  It was a looooooooooooooooooooong day, lol.

My son had every last baby tooth errupted by the time he was 15 months old.  He started early too, LOL.  My older daughter didn't start getting teething pain until she was close to a year old - she's 2.5 and still hasn't erupted her 2 year molars.  Literally, every kid is different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN