Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

to all breastfeeding moms..

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi ladies my name is Sophia and I'm new to this group. I have two boys one is 2 years old and the other will be a month on the 24th of May. My first ds was ff, I tried bf but my mil was always on my case that my milk is not enough and so on. Anyways this time I didn't give in to her taunts and plus with more experience, I am ebf. It was going great until now... It feels like ds is feeding the whole day he just won't stop! I know he's getting enough as he is pooping and peeing well. But I'm just so exhausted, sometimes I just want to give up. It's so hard keeping up with his demands and taking care of my older ds and house hold chores. Any advice from ladies out there that are more experienced In bf than I am? I just feel so lost with this right now. I've tried pumping but because ds is always feeding, when i do get a chance, hardly anything comes out... Thanks for listening, just needed some advice from people that have go e through the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by Jen on May. 22, 2012 at 12:16 AM
7 moms liked this

It's probably a growth spurt. Hang in there, mama. You're doing great. :) It won't last forever. Just hang out with both boys. Rent a few movies, read books, and cuddle. Everything else can wait.

The three week growth spurt was my most hated part of breastfeeding. I survived, and you will too. I promise.

Alliemad_3
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this
You, my dear, are in the throes of a growth spurt. Grab a book, get comfy and nurse whenever that baby wants to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 22, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to your first growth spurt! He wont do this forever, hes just working at increasing your supply. :).

Best advice is to let the chores go and settle in. Itll pass it a couple days.

Other than that... Do you have a sling or wrap? Helpful when youve got more than one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
It just part of being baby, this won't last forever, and before you know it, they'll be grown...your doing great!!
Wear baby if you can, that way he can feed whenever he wants/needs, and you have your hands free.
*this to shall pass*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marabie
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

For pumping, some women just can't get that much output. I exclusively pumped and I found that oatmeal, extra water, and pumping every two hours for a few days increased my output. If you are looking to substitute bm then try pumping after every feeding  for a few days to get your supply up and then you can pump every few hours or whatever yiou want. I had to pump for 30 minutes to hour every day because you have multiple let downs so to get the most that is how long it took.

catholicmamamia
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Quoting SewingMamaLele: Welcome to your first growth spurt! He wont do this forever, hes just working at increasing your supply. :). Best advice is to let the chores go and settle in. Itll pass it a couple days. Other than that... Do you have a sling or wrap? Helpful when youve got more than one!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Danita42
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree with pp! Hang in there!
collinsmommy0
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree (I only have 1 now but a sling is great!)

It's okay for your older one to watch extra tv, do lots of puzzles, drawing, stickers, etc while you nurse.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Welcome to your first growth spurt! He wont do this forever, hes just working at increasing your supply. :).

Best advice is to let the chores go and settle in. Itll pass it a couple days.

Other than that... Do you have a sling or wrap? Helpful when youve got more than one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
07lilmama1108
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there mama!! It doesn't last forever i promise!! Ds used to only nurse and sleep, then i became the only person ge wanted but now at 4 months he is the happiest baby I've seen, very comfortable with dd and dh and nurses a LOT less!! Like 3 times a day and throughout the night but i cosleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyoftwo0912
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm n the same situation, thanks for the post.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN