Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Uneven breasts

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:22 AM
  • 11 Replies

My breast are noticeable uneven in size. Not just to me, my husband and mother have bothnoticed and asked about it. I get almost twice as much milk from my left breast as the right one while pumping. I have been breastfeeding for six months now but the size and milk difference has only been for the last month. Anyone had this problem? Any idea how to even them back out? It is so embarrassing to have noticeably uneven breasts!

by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinanne86
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:39 AM
3 moms liked this

I would suggest pumping/nursing longer on the other side to increase production. I have this issue sometimes, i just laugh about it. My boyfriend notices too..esp when we go to the beach and ive just nursed my daughter on one side ..lol oh well

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM

My left breast has always been significantly smaller than my right, through the course of nursing each of my 4 kids. I haven't found any great way to even it out, other than stuffing extra pads on the smaller side. :-/  Even increasing nursing on the smaller side won't necessarily help as breasts don't necessarily grow larger as they produce more, since they will produce on demand and not be storing milk. Yes, it is especially embarassing in a bathing suit. 

07lilmama1108
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Dh calls them gargoils :( i get 9 oz from one and 2 oz from the other. Nursing more hasn't helped! At one point i got 4 oz from both sides and STILL was lopsided. I hope they go back to normal after we're done My left side looked like this 2 days after my milk came in, it was weird...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM
This. My breasts became noticeably uneven during pregnancy and nursing more on the smaller side never made a bit of difference.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

My left breast has always been significantly smaller than my right, through the course of nursing each of my 4 kids. I haven't found any great way to even it out, other than stuffing extra pads on the smaller side. :-/  Even increasing nursing on the smaller side won't necessarily help as breasts don't necessarily grow larger as they produce more, since they will produce on demand and not be storing milk. Yes, it is especially embarassing in a bathing suit. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Normal. Just offer the smaller side more. 

Ginnymarie33
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 15 months into bfeeding. My left has been bigger since the beginning she loves my left one and it makes more milk because of that. I just hope they are not uneven when I'm done nursing. This didn't happen with my other kids.
caramelH
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:24 AM
try to pump and nurs more longer on the other side , i had this issue my in 1st and 2n month after birth ... i was scared (my 1st time been moma) now ther'r equal size lolll
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Travelbugg
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:09 AM
Oh I have! But switch them around...when I pump I will get double to triple he output on the right compared to left. Size wise you could totally tell too, But I pumped between nursing sessions only on the low side for about 10 days and got them almost evened out. ALMOST. Though output I think one will forever be the overachiever!
Leapdaybaby
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM
My left is larger. Output while pumpin is the same though. Good luck. Least none of us are alone
austinmom1
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM
ii get way mor milk on the smaller side . like 8 ounces outta the small b size boob and like 2 ounces outta the d cup boob. soooooo weird
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN