Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

With my permission, of course :)

Hubby and I actually went out on a date tonight and left our children with a friend. My baby hates taking a sippy but I sent one anyway. I told my friend, whose baby is the same age as my baby, that if she was hungry and not taking her sippy she could nurse her if she wanted to. And she did! Missy didn't nurse long she said but it made her happy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
ShadowLark
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM

That is so cool!  My best friend did that with my youngest daughter.  I tried to reciprocate later but her youngest son wasn't having any. :(

UxorQuodMatris.
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I need a friend like that lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I wish DD would nurse from another mom :(  I have no more milk and she always asks the other mamas at LLL for millkies (they'd totally nurse her), but she refuses as soon as she gets all settled.  Picky little bugger!

moroccanmommy
by Robin on May. 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I need a friend like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommommymomx5
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM
awww, well thats nice. I wouldnt trust anyone else to nurse my baby but I think thats sweet!
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on May. 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great! I'm so for wet nursing, as long as both parties are mutually comfortable ofcourse lol :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misskimi78
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I tried once for my friend. Her daughter was somewhere around 10 months with teeth and mine was much younger. It was funny trying to nurse one with teeth. She wouldn't take mine tho. I had her moms permission.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crispysmom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Cool! What a good friend! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM

It's funny nursing my nieces and nephew is totally different than nursing my kids. The bond is different. I have a bond with them because they are my nieces and nephews but it's not like nursing them caused us to be more bonded. And my babies all gladly came back to me as soon as I walked in the door and wanted to nurse. Those babies know who their mommy is even if someone else nurses them. I'm not saying you are wrong for feeling that way btw. I'm just saying that wasn't the experience I had but I fully understand why someone wouldn't want someone else to nurse their child.

Quoting rissamom224:

I couldn't thats my bond lol id be pissed

brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I could never do that. I'm 100% pro BF, NIP, and extended BF, but nursing someone elses child (and vice versa) is weird to me. I think it's because I still look at it as a bodily fluid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)