Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breasts leakinfg badly

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  • 11 Replies

for the past week or two while breastfeeding i will leak so much that i have to put something under my boob im not feeding on or risk having me, my daughter, and what im sitting being soaked after feeding her. also i will wake up with a puddle of milk on the bed. this all of a sudden happened (ihave been breastfeeding for 5 weeks now) has this been happening to anyone else. just curious since this is my first baby.

by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sofia0587
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Yup that's why I wear breastpads everyday and my dd is a year and they still sometimes leak
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:46 AM
No idea heres a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on May. 23, 2012 at 4:35 AM
Do you have an over-supply, maybe? I leaked really bad until I started block feeding and got my supply under control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelize
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:40 AM

You milk is still getting adjusted to your baby... Has your baby not been feeding as often? Sometimes it takes a month or 2 for your milk supply to be regulated... In the mean time feed when you feel yourself filling up and wear good pads... My baby is almost 4 months old and just the other day I had the same issue... Turns out he was going through a growth spurt and got my supply going and now he is out of it and my body is getting used to that...

Want to save 20% on all of your Passion needs this month? Come see what all the buzz is about!!! Enter "MAYLOVE" at checkout and recieve 20% off!!!

https://angelamalleis.yourpassionconsultant.com/

jeniemarie
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:50 AM
i had that for the whole year a bfd DD. i had so much over supply it sucked and hurt, and almost anything would trigger letdown. i got to the point i had to use a towel while nursing it was horrible. eventully it did get to be less when she got older and started eating more. i know how you feel though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniemarie
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:53 AM
also get some good pads and cotton bras. tighter bras help some they keep the breasts from getting overly full if that helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workinm0mmy
by on May. 23, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Happened to me around 7 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 23, 2012 at 6:52 AM
I leak all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 23, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quite normal. 

lelide
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the same problem. My solution is to always stick a burpcloth in my bra during feedings. My daughter is 3.5 months. Be careful about wearing a tight bra and change your pads frequently (every feeding). I wouldn't want you to end up with thrush or mastitis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN