Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pumping ?

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
Every time I pump I get two Oz from the left and three on the right. How can I make my left catch up to the right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FLmommy0204
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM

It's like having twins.  Each one is different.  It's just how it is.  I always got different amounts too.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM

You can't, really. This is like being right or left handed. Nothiong to worry about.

And those are unsually large amoutns anyway. Expect them to drop over time... normal output is half an ounce to two ounces total.

mweber
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Really? I used to only get adout an Oz and a half from the left and two from the right. I hope they don't drop off!!!!

Quoting gdiamante:

You can't, really. This is like being right or left handed. Nothiong to worry about.

And those are unsually large amoutns anyway. Expect them to drop over time... normal output is half an ounce to two ounces total.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM

If/when they do, don't worry about it. Pump output is meaningless as far as supply goes.

mweber
by on May. 23, 2012 at 6:50 PM
But I work full time so DS needs it during the day. Idk how I could keep up with that low of an output!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM
You only need 1 oz per hr you are gone. Do u pump at work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mweber
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Yes I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivilayla
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I usually get 5 from the left and 2 from the right...lol huge difference. I'm not sure theres much you can do about it

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quoting mweber:

But I work full time so DS needs it during the day. Idk how I could keep up with that low of an output!

That's perfect output for work. You pump once for every three hours away from baby. Baby gets only what you pump, no more! Your away time is "famine" and your home time is "feast." While you're gone he only gets the barest minimum, which is 1 -1.25 ounces per hour of separation. So for an eight hour day, 8-10 ounces TOTAL, in servings of about 2-3 ounces each.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM

So... your current output is two feedings!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)